White offensive lineman

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was watching some NFL news on ESPN today, with the volume down. I caught a glimpse of a predominately white offensive line preparing to block for their all-star [read:black] running back, and this thought occurred to me:

it seems fitting that white men predominate the position of offensive line in the NFL.

These are quiet, giants of men who go about their jobs with little fanfare and even less publicity, making the lives of those around them easier. Others steal the limelight, receive the accolades, and yet still have the nerve to complain and whine about the millions of dollars they make as inadequate. But the men who make this all possible for them earn much less, these men without whom these stars could not be stars.

This struck me as such a perfect analogy of the role of white people in our society. The majority of white people in this country go about their business, doing their jobs, keeping the economy churning, asking for little and expecting little. You can see black politicians and "leaders" on television everyday basking in the limelight, demanding more cash, benefits, reparations, you name it, generally at the expense of those who are just doing their damn jobs.

Just like offensive linemen.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good analogy Shogun, but sadly the white offensive lineman is slowly but surely disappearing, just as solid, quiet, productive white working men in general are disappearing. The logic of the Caste System mandates their replacement. After all, if virtually all defensive linemen are black, why shouldn't almost all offensive linemen be black as well? The same dynamics are at work at the quarterback position. It's never "why aren't there more whites at this position," but rather, "if so many positions are black dominated, shouldn't all of them be?"

G

most offensive linemen are black too.

punter and kicker are the only position white men dominate.

i think it sucks but that's the facts.

G

or maybe not. i looked at the starters in the AFC.

41 whites, 32 blacks, 5 islanders. but only 13 white tackles versus 19 black tackles. so most of the best linemen are still black. 15 white centers, 1 islander center. islanders seem to only be guard material.

i'm short 2 guys (41+32+5=78 when it should be 80).

Kaptain

Master
Jody, how do you figure most of the best lineman are black? Maybe most of the hyped-up lineman but certainly not most of the best. The best lines like the Denver Broncos have tend to be all-white. This is why they always produce star Running Backs. It's true that the tackle position especially left tackle has completely fallen to the caste system as it is dominated by blacks. White lineman are considered too unathletic to play left tackle. The result is some really terrible left tackles in the NFL. Just look at all the over-sized slow black Left tackles in the NFL - its pathetic. Yet they are considered to possess a speed advantage just like all the black WR are faster than all white WR.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Bear-Arms

Mentor
What happened to the white linemen? I have watched a few games this year and they seem to be missing. L.J. Shelton of the Cleveland Browns made 3 penalties in a row. I wonder if anyone here has noticed a high number of penalties this season.

Spooge

Guru
The higher number of penalties are conconminant with the number of
Brothers. Look to see the entire NFL " Dummed down" over the next
few years, as most all of the positions will be filled with super
blacks.