"White Guys Only Win In Movies"

I haven't read Ring magazine in around ten years, but I looked at the August issue on a magazine stand today. There wasn't a single feature article on the heavyweight division. An upcoming fights section speculated whether Samuel Peter has what it takes to win the title. Ring's ratings have the Heavyweight Title "vacant." They don't recognize a champion in the division.

There was a column by one Jeff Hall, who remembered closed circuit fights of the past. Hall fondly remembered the Holmes-Cooney fight. He wrote, "After the fight as I was walking in the parking lot, I heard a black man say 'White Guys only win in movies.' He was referring to the Rocky films."

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Funny that Gerrie Coetzee won the WBA heavyweight belt a year or two after the Cooney-Holmes fight.

Nowadays it is reversed. All the heavyweight champs and most of the other higher weight champs are white. Yet blacks are still laughingly portrayed as the best fighters.

G

"Ring's ratings have the Heavyweight Title "vacant." They don't recognize a champion in the division.
"

Yup. Here's the online edition of the rag:

http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ratings2.html

I'm surprised the stoopid thing is still in business. The info in it is always three months old. The only people who buy it must be those without internet access.

ww

G

Liverlips said:
Funny that Gerrie Coetzee won the WBA heavyweight belt a year or two after the Cooney-Holmes fight.

Nowadays it is reversed. All the heavyweight champs and most of the other higher weight champs are white. Yet blacks are still laughingly portrayed as the best fighters.

And I'm still waiting for little bug-eyed Maxie Kellerman and all his friends and relations in the whore media to regale us with mocking jokes about the latest Great Black Hope or Great Black Dope, as they did in reverse for all these years. I'm not holding my breath, though. I know what owns the media.

ww

Ring magazine was never the same after the fiasco with the Don King "US Boxing Championships" of 1977. King was staging a TV boxing tournament with fighters rated by Ring magazine, which turned out to be fraudulent, with kickbacks, etc. Ring no longer had the "Bible of Boxing" prestige it had carried since the 1920's.

Afterward, Ring passed through several owners and editors, but Nigel Collins has been editor for a while, I believe. Ring has always been praised for continuing to recognize Ali when he was stripped of the title. Funny that they won't recognize Klitschko now.

Hockaday

Guru
Maybe they're owned by the same people who own ESPN? I watched Wednesday night fights, and they totally dissed Klitchko-Brewster. Teddy Witless complained about the sanctioning organizations for letting Brewster take the fight without a tuneup, then said Klitchko hasn't been fighting the best. No, only three undefeated fighters in his last six, including their darling Peter, Theodore. Klitchko needs to come over and knock Peter's ass out at Madison Square Garden right there in the middle of ?ew York City.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Dan Rafael of ESPN doesn't even have Klitschko in his TOP 20!!! And Ricky Hatton is 11th!! So whites have 13 of the 20 belts from heavy to middle and only 3 are good enough to make this clown's top 20? Behold the racism and the ignorance of Rafael:

Rafael: pound-for-pound rankings

TOP 10

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (38-0, 24 KOs)
2. Manny Pacquiao (44-3-2, 34 KOs)
3. Winky Wright (51-3-1, 25 KOs)
4. Rafael Marquez (37-3, 33 KOs)
5. Bernard Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs)
6. Juan Manuel Marquez (47-3-1, 35 KOs)
7. Joe Calzaghe (43-0, 32 KOs)
8. Jermain Taylor (27-0-1, 17 KOs)
9. Marco Antonio Barrera (63-5, 42 KOs)
10. Sugar Shane Mosley (44-4, 37 KOs)

Second 10

11. Ricky Hatton
12. Miguel Cotto
13. Oscar De La Hoya
14. Joel Casamayor
15. Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon
16. Chris John
17. Cory Spinks
18. Antonio Margarito
19. Mikkel Kessler
20. Juan Diaz

G

Far as I know that "pound for pound" BS is just some stoopid gimmick that Ring magazine invented to fill in some of their empty space. It's nothing but a stoopid popularity contest and doesn't mean a single thing except to show who are the favorite boxers of the jerk who made the list.

ww

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I hate P4P rankings too. It's just another subjective measurement that the pro-black writers can use to spin positive press for their favorite boxers. What does it mean really? it was originally an attempt to include all weight classes in one discussion, but is now used to hype guys that are liked by the rankers (and we know who that is going to be).

This is almost comical. Let them keep finding ways to discredit the domination of white boxers. It will just make them look more foolish as it continues. It's what we refer to as "pure denial".

What will the excuse be if Hatton beats Mayweather? It will be hard to explain that one away. How about Klitschko beating Peter up again (as I suspect he will)?

PS - Blacks lose at everything else in life, they are just upset that we are taking one of the few things they can do well away from them. Expect them to get vicious about it, and laugh.

guest301

Hall of Famer
And black guys only win Swim meets in the movies.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Hockaday said:
Maybe they're owned by the same people who own ESPN? I watched Wednesday night fights, and they totally dissed Klitchko-Brewster. Teddy Witless complained about the sanctioning organizations for letting Brewster take the fight without a tuneup, then said Klitchko hasn't been fighting the best. No, only three undefeated fighters in his last six, including their darling Peter, Theodore. Klitchko needs to come over and knock Peter's ass out at Madison Square Garden right there in the middle of New York City.
Atlas lost the little respect I had for him with the comments against Wladimir and the heavyweight division on Wednesday night. It is amazing how he has spent much of his life involved with a sport, and yet still has no sense of fairness.
Edited by: JD1986

The white man in all walks of life must go above and beyond that of any black man to obtain any respect.
smiley7.gif
I find that p4p list laughable. However, if you look at the list you will see that nearly all of the black afaletes that they have in their top 10 are on the way out.
Winky Wright should have probably been on the list 2-3 years ago. Not now!
Bernard Hopkins is another formerly great fighter (I give credit where credit is due). In 2007 I don't believe he belongs on the list though.
Jermain Taylor? I think Pavlik is gonna take him off the list soon enough.
Floyd Mayweather? While being excellent at hitting and not getting hit I don't think anyone fears fighting him.
Sugar shane Mosley? No, not in the year 2007.
Even a remote glance at the list tells me that they are trying their best to keep up the facade of the black superman. They are throwing everything they have into covering up the emerging white dominance of boxing.
Everytime I read an article like that it just makes me root for my people even more. A white man has so much against him in this modern era of marxist rule which J.B. Cash pointed out so eloquently in his last article.
If the powers that be had it their way I don't think it would even be legal to publicly cheer for a fighter that was white.
I fight it interesting also that the announcers dance around the issue of the heavyweight division.
I want Wlad to get a hold of Holyfield. Punish him, break him down, and send him into retirement in front of an American audience. I know that Holyfield's well past his prime, (steroids included) and I also know that whites have been dominating the heavyweight division for 2 years but there has not been a defining fight in the eyes of the general public. I think Wlad vs. Holyfield would symbolize to alot to casual fans. Namely, the end of African American dominance in boxing.
smiley32.gif

G

If the powers that be had it their way I don't think it would even be legal to publicly cheer for a fighter that was white.

--- Correct. They'll maybe grudgingly allow their canon fodder to cheer for a boxer if you break it down into little ethnic groups - like, OK, it's OK for Poles or Russians or Ukrainians (but not, of course, white South Africans), to root for fighter if he happens to be in their ethnic group, but if a white guy roots for a white fighter who is reconquering a sport that was dominated by negroes for decades, that's supposed to be something called "hate". f**k them and their Newspeak!

I fight it interesting also that the announcers dance around the issue of the heavyweight division.

--- The constant litany on their whore media is that "the heavyweight division now sucks". Their reasoning is all too obvious. I'd like to see one of their black "superheroes", like their endlessly hyped greatest of all possible black muslims, Ali, in there with Wlad. Ali would be much too small and weak to stand up to him.

I want Wlad to get a hold of Holyfield. Punish him, break him down,
and send him into retirement in front of an American audience. I know
that Holyfield's well past his prime, (steroids included)

--- One thing that steroid boy shows, though, is that you can load up on steroids and still have a long career. Holyfield-Wlad? I thought that suicide was supposed to be illegal.

ww

JD074

Master
Yeah, it was infuriating to hear that ESPN commentator (the other one, but Atlas was annoying, too) say that Wlad hasn't been fighting the best. Uhh, Peter, Byrd, Brock, and Brewster?? What other HW has fought against similar talent in their last five or six fights? They only say that Wlad hasn't fought the best because he's been so dominant that "the best" looks terrible against him! It's not his fault that the fights aren't competitive, he's just too damn good!

And I don't want to hear that sh*t about the layoff either. Brewster had a long layoff before their first fight, too; it didn't seem to matter then. The layoff and his eye had nothing to do with his performance. There are only two reasons that Brewster fought so terribly: one, Wlad was too damn good; and two, Brewster did not want to take a lot of punishment. He said so himself after the fight. He wanted to "live to fight another day." He doesn't want to be a brawler anymore. And besides, if you watch their first fight on Youtube, he wasn't particularly aggressive in that fight anyway. Somewhat more aggressive than in the second fight, but not by much.