White and hispanic CUBS in fight.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Players fight on CUBs

Micheal Barrett a white catcher and Carlos Zambrano got into a fight yesterday. The picher was upset at the catcher for some errors (after the picher had given up about a thousand hits). Barret had a busted lip and had to get stiches. Manager Lou (castebaseball) Pinella is already going after Barrett as the villian even though it appears Zambrano started it. Expect Barrett the white guy to come out the worst in the incident.

Any Cubs fans know more about this?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Looks the incident will go away. Both players fined. Both "apologized", it seems that after a dugout scuffle Zambrano was sent to the showers and Barrett went into the clubhouse to talk things over, typical white guy tries to make peace and what does he get for it? A fat lip. Did he learn? Nope, listen to the sniveling....

Barrett was not in the lineup Saturday, and his face was scratched and puffy from the fight. However, he was available to play.

"We're definitely on the same page," Barrett said. "Things happen. Things are unfortunate. We had our differences yesterday. Today we're on the same page and we're ready to play."

However, that was all either player would reveal about the fracas.

"Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," Zambrano said. "I don't have to say what happened in the clubhouse."

Why did Barrett go into the clubhouse?

"Everybody wants to know that," Barrett said. "I've known Carlos for 3 1/2 years. Carlos and I have had differences in the past and we've always come together. We've had it out on the mound, we've had it out in the dugout before. That's what teammates do sometimes.

"I went down in the clubhouse to talk through things because [the dugout incident] came unexpected," he said. "I wanted to clear my mind, clear my head, so I could go out and concentrate and focus on the game.

"I underestimated what he was going through," Barrett said. "I love Carlos. I know he feels the same about me. I never thought it would've came to that, but we move on."

"Me, personally, I think it happened because Zambrano and I are so close," Barrett said. "I think of Zambrano as a brother. You have sibling rivalry. I grew up with an older brother, and we had our differences, and we had it out a time or two. At the end of the day, we shook it off, we hugged one another and loved one another."

Zambrano said he has a good relationship with Barrett, and that before the White Sox series in May, Barrett helped him with a family problem.

"I appreciated that," Zambrano said.

"All the things that happened in the clubhouse, on the field, what I told Michael, guys, I'm sorry, I can't tell you," Zambrano said. "It's not fair for him, it's not fair for me. It's too many distractions, it's too many bad things that happened. If I open my mouth and say something bad, it's going to be worse. I don't want this to be worse. I want this to be resolved."

Both players felt the incident could make the team stronger.

"We'll learn from this," Barrett said. "The one thing we'll learn from this is that we will no longer fight ourselves, and that by fighting together and playing baseball and focusing on the right things will make us stronger.

"A character guy like Zambrano, a passionate guy like he is, a passionate guy like I am, it just happened to get really heated," Barrett said. "Zambrano knows how I feel about him. He knows how much I care about him and how much I care about the game."

"I think the only person who can control my emotions is God," Zambrano said. "I have to build my relationship with God and make it stronger. He's the only one who can control me. I come from a family, and my dad is like I am. I think it's in my blood."

Zambrano did slap and shove Barrett in the dugout. It was uncertain whether he threw any hard rights at the catcher in the clubhouse.

"They weren't all jabs, I can tell you that," Piniella said. "Look, these things happen. You don't want them to happen but they do happen.

"The important thing is we learn from this and there's no continuation," he said. "Does it help or hurt? I'd rather have a little wildfire than no fire at all. You don't want to see teammates fight. There was some emotion shown. The important thing here is that nobody was seriously hurt."

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Yeah, Jax, I saw the replays--its clear that Zambrano first humiliated Barret by pointing to his head twice as if to say to Barrett "you weren't thinking!". As soon as Barrett tried to explain himself, Zambrano launched the first punch--he was looking for a fight.

Unfortunately, as you say, Jax, Barrett tried to use reason to "clear the air" in civilized "white guy" fashion--and look what it got him--more punches. Then Barrett makes excuses for his "brother" Zambrano. Pathetic...

Interesting that Zambrano admits that Barrett *helped him out with a family problem in May.* There's gratitude for you!

And look how Zambrano plays the hispanic "passion' card--just like that Orioles second basemen 10 years ago in the playoffs (when he spat on the umpire).

Too bad Barrett's no Carlton Fisk--who would have decked Zambrano.

LabMan

Mentor
If one watches Zambrano a number of times they will see a powder keg of TNT just waiting to go off,his quick twitch movements and sullen glares are meant to intimidate other players,but it seems to me that he may be this way on the street also.Latin pitchers have a different style and body language than do White European pitchers.
Barrett is a solid,hard nose,catcher who knows the game well,and fears no one.In my opinion,assimilation is necessary on the field,as well as in society.Any one want to guess which player has problems assimilating?

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
"I went down in the clubhouse to talk through things because [the dugout incident] came unexpected," he said. "I wanted to clear my mind, clear my head, so I could go out and concentrate and focus on the game.

"I underestimated what he was going through," Barrett said. "I love Carlos. I know he feels the same about me. I never thought it would've came to that, but we move on."

"Me, personally, I think it happened because Zambrano and I are so close," Barrett said. "I think of Zambrano as a brother. You have sibling rivalry. I grew up with an older brother, and we had our differences, and we had it out a time or two. At the end of the day, we shook it off, we hugged one another and loved one another."

This story is just filled with the typicalnaivete whites seem to be afflicted with. As kids, we advanced to pushing or shoving one another after heated words, usually that was the end of it. That is not a wise decision in today's world in dealing with certain ethnic groups. If you are within arms reach they will throw a sucker punch before you know what's happened. Barnett thinks of Zambrano as a brother-- huge mistake.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Now it's Lou Pin-head who is suspended for gratuitous violent behaviours. The Cubs need to bring on a decent White manager after years of Dusty I-hate-Whitey Baker and Piniella who has a fried brain. The sad, sad Cubs franchise has no hope. Like in "Back to the Future," the Cubs might win the World Series in the Year 2525, if man is still alive (apologies Zager & Evans!)

foreverfree

Mentor
Realgeorge said:
The sad, sad Cubs franchise has no hope. Like in "Back to the Future," the Cubs might win the World Series in the Year 2525, if man is still alive (apologies Zager & Evans!)

But, barring a major realignment of MLB or a major retooling of the WS format, it won't come over Florida (or Miami, as the video board in Hill Valley's town square identifies the Cubbies' WS victim).
smiley2.gif
Tampa Bay, maybe.
smiley4.gif

FYI, those who don't know, that scene takes place in BttF Part 2.

John (who saw [in the theatre] and enjoyed all three BttF installments. A classic trilogy.)

I have inform the Chicago Cubs management (by Letter) that I will not support their team until they get rid of Carlos Zambrano and Lou Piniella. Zambrano attack another player and put him in the hospital. Piniella seems to support this behavior.
To many white people this action reminds them of the many beatdowns that were inflicted on them by blacks and hispanics in the past. We do not come to the ballpark to see this.
I urge white people to either boycott the Cubs until these two are gone. White people are the majority. If they depend on blacks and hispanic, they will only fill about 10% of the seats. Besides the Blacks and Hispanics will be too busy fighting to watch the games.
At the next home game I urge all fans to give Barrant a standing ovation everytime he comes to bat, or chant we want Barrent if he isn't playing.
We must support white players.
BTW The Cubs were 4-1 during Pinheads suspension, and most of those games were against a division leader.

Realgeorge

Mentor
screamingeagle said:
At the next home game I urge all fans to give Barrant a standing ovation everytime he comes to bat, or chant we want Barrent if he isn't playing.
We must support white players.
BTW The Cubs were 4-1 during Pinheads suspension, and most of those games were against a division leader.

If Mr. Barrant had a bit more guts and gumption, he could be a hero like John Rocker. And then be kicked out of baseball for being politically unacceptable

Correction: It is now 5-1 during pinheads suspension.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Piniella is a hothead-clown. He showed what an ass he is when he left Steve Lyons out to dry after Lyons' dumb-but-innocuous joke in the broadcast booth. Piniella is a white man of Spanish descent, but the media decided to brand him as "hispanic" in order to persecute Lyons and Piniella played along.

Pinella actually stood up for Lyons saying that they were joking and he shouldn't of been fired. But regardless the guy has been a caste lover since his days in Cincinnati.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
But the reason Lyons was fired wasbecause the media falsely portrayed Piniella as a "minority" who was the object of a "racist" joke. Piniella was neverconsidered a "minority" when it came to the media's obsession with MLB hiring non-white managers, but he magically became one when theusual suspectssensed an opportunity to get Lyonsby running yet another installment of theirnauseating, endlessly repetitiveanti-white morality play.

To the best of my knowledge Piniella never pointed out the obvious -- that he is no more alatino than is Lyons. By simply doing that -- and by standing up for Lyons far more forcefully than he did -- the Caste media would never have been able to run with it and persecute Lyons.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Baseball Fan said:
Pinella actually stood up for Lyons saying that they were joking and he shouldn't of been fired.

I haven't heard or read anything about him doing that.Do you have a source?

EditAfter searching the internet I found a couple stories indicating Lou did defend Lyons a few days after the incident.

[url]http://www.wzzm13.com/sports/pro_baseball/baseballsports_art icle.aspx?storyid=63351[/url]

Piniella defends Lyons

New Cubs manager Lou Piniella called the firing of Fox broadcaster Steve Lyons "an unfortunate thing" and said he thought his TV colleague was just kidding when he made a comment some deemed racially insensitive.

"There isn't a racist bone in his body. Not one," he said. "I've known the guy personally. He was kidding with me."

Lyons, 46, learned Tuesday that he could keep his part-time broadcasting job with the Los Angeles Dodgers if he completed diversity training.

Edited by: Bart