Where they went and how they got there

Freedom

Mentor
I've noticed that very few of the white players in the nfl went to big time colleges or were given scholarships initially.

Wayne Chrebet: HOFSTRA!!! Walk on!!

Drew Bennett: UCLA(okay but not really a big football school)

Brandon Stokley: La-Lafayette (Dad was coach, likely walk on)

Jeff Garcia-undrafted

Kurt Warner-undrafted

Tommy Maddox- Through xfl

Brad Johnson- 9th round draft pick

Mike Wright: Cincinnati walk on

Brad Hoover: Western Carolina

Adam Archuleta: Walk on at ASU

Scott Shanle: Walk on at Nebraska

Brian Young: Texas-El Paso

Kevin Curtis: Walk on at UTAH STATE!
Edited by: Freedom

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You can add just about every white wide receiver who's played in the NFL over the past15 years to the list. Although they are not allowed to become stars, there have beenseveral dozen of them whohave beenbench warmers, third receivers, and the very occasional starter. Which of them, if any, received a scholarship to play at a major I-A program?

voice

Guru
Hi Freedom

I noticed the same thing and posted it a while back

http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4131&P N=2

I haven't crunched the numbers but I wanted to call it the Cinderalla Story ratio-% of Cinderalla Story players as a % of overall white players at that position. I wanted to focus on Caste Positions to show obvious discrimation.

Since CB and RB is zero, I focussed on WR as this is the most obvious. I haven't crunched the numbers but please feel free to do so or any other caste posters..It looks like only a few aren't cinderella stories that make it

I would guess over 80% of white WR's are Cinderella Story(defined as Walk on in College, making NFL out of I-AA or lower, Pro Undrafted)

Freedom

Mentor
Jeremy Shockey as a receiving TE was always highly touted.
Tim Dwight was too.
Mike Alstott i think.

Brian Finneran-Villanova

I think part of this is to show how crappy and retarded hype is.Edited by: Freedom

G

Just to add: Tommy Maddox was a 1st round Draft pick. he simply was poor his first couple years, but then revived his career after the XFL.

The rest is all just about right, though.