When not to celebrate

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Chargers' spike sets off confusion
NFL.com wire reports

SAN DIEGO (Nov. 26, 2006) -- A moment of celebration by San Diego receiver Vincent Jackson turned into 10 minutes of confusion in the fourth quarter of the Chargers game with the rival Oakland Raiders.

With the Chargers trailing 14-7 and facing fourth-and-2 from the Raiders 40, Jackson caught a 13-yard pass from Philip Rivers, rolled to the ground untouched, then stood up and spun the ball forward. Oakland's Fabian Washington jumped on the ball, believing it was a fumble, and setting off 10 minutes of confusion as the referees sorted it out.

Referee Mike Carey originally signaled Oakland's possession, but then the Chargers were flagged for illegal forward pass. Even with the 5-yard penalty for the illegal pass, the Chargers still had a first down, at the 32.

Four plays later, LaDainian Tomlinson threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Gates to tie the game at 14.

Should have been ruled a fumble.
Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Iwas watching that game when it happened. If football was taught and played properly, Jackson, if he indeed was actually good enough to be a professional football player, would have kept going until he was tackled if there was any doubt whatsoever in his mind about whether he had been touched or not when he fell making the catch (he wasn't). But our boy Vincent was too intent on celebrating himself and the very modest play he had made to continue his rarereception to its conclusion.

The NFL is not only filled with affirmative actionplayers courtesy of the Caste System;its coaches lack the guts to properly train and discipline their charges on how the game should be played. Basic fundamentals are sacrificed to the greater ideological and social agenda that must be followed.

If American football was as popular in Europe as basketball is, European teams would be cleaning up on black American teams of "professionals" the same way white high football school teams usually beat black ones.

LabMan

Mentor
Solid post Don,

The National Football League can boast all that it wants about its popularity,but thats changing.There are many of us who still enjoy sports because of fundamental teaching and execution.Coaches cannot discipline players who have learned no discipline getting to this point,and the gods of P/C / "cultural marxism",will send a coach to the unemployment line if he dares to speak out.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are having a bad year,and yesterday while watching a call in show,I heard two callers ask if coach Bill Cowher had "lost control of his players"!The host said no,but left the subjet as soon as possible.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what Don said.
smiley20.gif

LabMan said:
Solid post Don,

The National Football League can boast all that it wants about its popularity,but thats changing.There are many of us who still enjoy sports because of fundamental teaching and execution.Coaches cannot discipline players who have learned no discipline getting to this point,and the gods of P/C / "cultural marxism",will send a coach to the unemployment line if he dares to speak out.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are having a bad year,and yesterday while watching a call in show,I heard two callers ask if coach Bill Cowher had "lost control of his players"!The host said no,but left the subjet as soon as possible.

Although not necessarily applicable to Cowher, I think a lot of coaches never gain 'control' of their team to begin with. It's hard to lose something you never had.

Freedom

Mentor
If you go to spike a ball, thinking that the play is dead it should be ruled an unintentional fumble because you thought the play was over.

Sickening from Vincent Jackson.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What a maroon and goofing idiot Jackson is! If that was me making the catch, I'd be running like the wind toward the end zone. The last thing on my mind would be a celebration. Like y'all said, thats part of the difference. A lack of fundamentals and discipline = sloppy second rate black football = me no watchy.

Jackson's 'performance' has me wondering if there is indeed another side to the Caste-System; tax breaks. I used to joke about it, but seeing so many low IQ morons doing so many stupid (and self-centered) things week after week has me really wondering if the teams are given all sorts of breaks for 'hiring' blacks. Kind of like the real world where companies get the WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) for hiring blacks. I'm only half joking. I've said it before, and I know Don has posted similar, that if the system were unbiased, the scouts and combine fair - at the least the actual results used - blacks would be 25% of the NFL, maybe slightly less. I look at bonehead plays, dropped passes, lethargic play, shoulder 'tackles', running out of bounds, weak effort, you name it, week in and week out. The top 2% my ass. Edited by: Colonel Callan

Deus Vult

Mentor
Really, all of the strutting and self-congratulatory imbecility has gotten WAAAAAAAYY out of hand. "Act like you've been there" means nothing to this newer breed.

If you stuff the runner on a 4th down on the one-yard line, okay, maybe you should pump your fist or swap high-fives with teammates. Standard fare these days is D-linemen who shuck and jive 10 yards into the offensive backfield anytime they tackle a QB or RB at the line of scrimmage on 1st down! Let them share a QB sack, and you get an insight into Dian Fossey's life's work.

backrow

Hall of Famer
same thing happened tonight, although there was less of overall confusion, one of Seahawks receiver tossed the ball to someone, without making sure he was touched down.