<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD noWrap>Nov. 2, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports </TD>
<TD width=10></TD>
<TD align=right>
<!--//
var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=234x42;tile=5;ord='+random+'?';
if (switchDclk != 'off') {
if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('< ="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:">
');
document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/>');
}
// -->

< src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/collegefootball;arena=collegefootball;feat=stories;=psa;user=Anonymous;seg=nonaol;c=lan;lang=en-us;lang=en-gb;vpmp=yes;adv=d;cust=no;vip=no;u=Q1o88Qq0C4sAAG8abmE;sz=234x42;tile=5;ord=5882313300637862?">
dot.gif
<NO></NO> </TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width=10></TD>
<TD><BR clear=all>
<TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px 0px 5px 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right>
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid">
<DIV style="FLOAT: right; WIDTH: 80px"> <BR style="CLEAR: both"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- Western Kentucky University's board of regents approved a move from NCAA Division I-AA to I-A football Thursday.

The board voted 7-2 in favor of the switch, with one regent abstaining.

Western will submit paperwork to the NCAA office before June 1 and will be considered a reclassifying school for the 2007 and '08 seasons. The first year the Hilltoppers, the 2002 Division I-AA champion, will be eligible to participate for a Sun Belt Conference championship and a berth in a bowl game is 2009.

"I think that the greatest benefit is going to be the prestige and the perception, the value of the WKU brand," athletic director Wood Selig said.

One obstacle Western will face will be the attendance requirement. The NCAA says Division I-A teams must average 15,000 paid attendance for home football games. The Hilltoppers are averaging around 9,500 this season. There are plans to expand their Smith Stadium from 17,500 seats to 22,000. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Colonel Reb not trying to take yer job as reporter or anything
smiley17.gif
,i just checked the WKU Depth Chart and starters,They have 13 White Starters

QB Justin Haddix

WR Seth Tamme

TE Chris Brunemann

FB Jared Johnson

LT Zach Thuney

LG Greg Ryan

C Chris Sullivan

RT Joe Dolchan

8 white Starters
smiley32.gif

Defense( 3-4)

LE Dusty Bear

RE Ross Dickens

LOLB Blake Boyd

MLB Jon Hedges

ROLB Sam Sexton

only 5 on Defense unfortunately... i think it will be interesting to see will they subscribe to the caste system when they enter Division 1 and recurit Gods Chosen Afeletes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Feel free to report anything you wish, NotreDameIrish. It certainly isn't my job, and I probably spend too much time looking up info as it is.
smiley36.gif
I know a WKU alum, so I'll have to mention this. It seems they are more white than most I-AA teams in their area. I wouldn't have expected them to have a majority white team, but I am glad they do!

Kaptain

Master
Why is it that anytime a team moves up to a higher division they have to wait several years before they are eligible for a bowl game? I would like to see teams that move up a division be eligble immediately as they will basically be taking on teams with their lower level recruits who are more likely to be white. Most teams that move up have success immediately (ie NDSU) and it is usually a real blow to the caste system when they prove they can win with their mostly white teams. What is logic of making them wait?