Week 17

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Bradlee Van Pelt, QB Broncos: 10 rushes for 41 yards, 2 passes for... 7 yards

SUNDAY

Mike Alstott FB Bucs, 24 yards on 1 catch, had a touchdown nullified due to a stupid penalty...

Zach Hilton, TE Saints: 5-74 receiving yards

Heath Evans, FB Patriots: only 8 yards on 6 carries, but converted couple of 3rd and 1 and a 4th and 1, also had 2 catches for 24 yards

Tim Dwight, WR Patriots: 2-26 and a TD

Doug Flutie, QB Patriots: this great QB retiring next season said goodbye to the NFL fans by kicking an extra point DROP KICK! first in the NFL since 1941

Brian Finneran, WR Falcons: 4-45

Ricky Proehl, WR Panthers: 3-29, 1 TD

Ben Utecht, TE Colts: 2-33, 1 TD

Cory Schlesinger FB Lions: 2 catches for 6 yards including 1 yard TD catch for this veteran tough guy

Heath Miller, TE Steelers: 3-62, longest catch was for 43 yards, team high with 62 yards

Joe Jurevicius, WR Seahawks: 2 catches for 11 yards and a TD

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: 3 catches for 55 yards and a TD, he also completed 1 pass for 6 yards

Jason Witten, TE Cowboys: 4-50 and a TD

Defense

John Lynch, FS Broncos: 5 tackles including 2 sacks and a forced fumble

Nick Greisen, OLB Giants: game high 8 solo tackles (third week in a row!)

Stuart Schweigert, FS Raiders: total of 8 tackles

Luis Castillo, DT Chargers: 4 solo tackles

SUNDAY

Matt Chatham, OLB Patriots: 9 tackles, 1 sack (game high)

Zach Thomas, MLB Dolphins: 8 tackles, team high as usual

Keith Brooking, MLB Falcons: tackles and a sack, team high

David Pollack, LB Bengals: 5 tackles and 2 sacks

Jared Allen, DE Chiefs: 5 solo tackles

Brian Russell, FS Browns: 4 tackles, 2 interceptions

Kelly Gregg, DT Ravens: 7 combined tackles

Bo Schobel, DE Titans: 4 solo tackles, a sack

Peter Sirmon, OLB Titans: 1 sack

Todd Johnson, FS Bears: 6 tackles

Jeremy Cain, MLB Bears: 5 tackles

Jason Babin, OLB Texans: 9 tackles, 2 sacks best game of his 2 year pro career and hopefully a sign of good things to come for this young linebacker

Ryan Fowler, LB Cowboys: had game high 10 tackles in his 3rd career start

Edited by: backrow

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bradlee Van Pelt, QB Broncos: 10 rushes for 41 yards, 2 passes for... 7 yards

The new Michael Vick?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Phil Simms just couldn't bring himself to use the dreaded "A" word when talking about Van Pelt. Over and over again we learned how "competitive" and "strong" Bradley is, but not once did we hear that he's a good athlete or that he has good running ability.

backrow

Hall of Famer
this guy could just as well play RB in my opinion, he's tough, 6´2, 222 lbs and can run with the best of them... he did have a rushing TD couple of weeks back on a trick play that send Plummer to the flank as a WR and had Van Pelt run it in from 7 yards out

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Falcons are getting spanked by Carolina, 24-3 near the end of the 2nd quarter.

I guess the Falcon's six-game domination over the Panthers is definitely over. If Carolina wins this win, they'll have swept a team this year that they hadn't beaten in six previous contests.

The flightless Falcons will be 8-8. So much for, "All he does is win games."

BWAH HA HAHA HAHAHAHA HAHA

hedgehog

Mentor
It seemed like everytime Van Pelt got the ball from the center, he didnt even look to pass, he would just run. Sort of like he wants to be a runningback, but is aware of the caste system, so he just does it asa QB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I say, if they can run it, then by all means do it! Become another Steve Young by running if the coach will let you. There is no reason to do otherwise if you can't get down the field any other way.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Its too bad Van Pelt isnt much of a thrower. I could easily envision him being a player in the mold of Steve Young if he were to work on his passing

G

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: 3 catches for 55 yards and a TD, he also completed 1 pass for 6 yards

Commentators for this Titans/Jaguars 1/1/06 broadcast used the "A" word to describe Matt Mauck, the (white) QB for the Titans in his first significant appearance for the team. Matt was described (praised!) 3 times as an "athletic" player who sometimes plays the role of WR in Titans practices.

whiteCB

Master
Brian Russell's 2nd INT was the game clincher for the Browns win today as the Ravens were marching down the field trying to comeback. Also I actually called the play as I said to my family while watching the game that Russell was going to get a pick on this play and sure enough he did. It was great I was jumping up and down and saying I told you so.

Lord_Lugdreg

The flightless Falcons will be 8-8.

They certainly appear to have had their wings clipped! (And remember they play in the NFC which is supposed to be the weaker conference, I have noticed that this little fact is never mentioned whenever their woes are brought up.)

Will the Falcons be able to bring in any Free Agents (Peerless Price didn't appear to work out) with St. Michaels huge contract??? Maybe he is the reason they LOSE games?!?!?!?!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be a whilebefore the Falcons part ways with Vick as their starting QB. Too much has been invested in him, by the media, his corporate sponsors, the NFL, and the Falcons. The Great Kordell Stewart Experiment lasted 8 endless years in Pittsburgh. The Michael Vick Experience won't last that long in Atlanta, but he'll remain entrenched as the starter next year and in all probabilitybeyond that.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't know Don, its already been 5 years. You don't see Vick lasting more than another three years in Atlanta?

robcat

Guru
Matt Jones had a good game because Quinn Gray started looking for him as soon as he came in the game. Gray is the 3rd stringer but the black announcer was raving about him saying hes better than Leftwich and Garrard. Garrard throws to anyone but Jones when he plays.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah plus garrard wouldn't throw to anyone once they got inside of 10 yards... he would just try to run it in...

Lord_Lugdreg

The Michael Vick Experience won't last that long in Atlanta, but he'll remain entrenched as the starter next year and in all probability beyond that.

I wouldn't be surprised if right after Marcus Vick gets drafted Michael Vick gets benched and the MASSIVE hype machine switches to Marcus Vick.

It sure seems kind of fishy to me that the Falcons drafted Matt Schaub (with a 3rd round pick, not sure) to be the back up when they could have just got some veteran journeyman back up from Free Agency (Jeff Blake maybe?) The Falcons GM Mckay is supposed to be pretty good so he may already be setting up the pieces for a post-Vick Falcons...