Week 16

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How about Ricky Proehl -- a 69 yard catch and a 35 yard TD catch. It's a shame he's retiring because he can still produce, but what a way to go out! He's had an excellent 16 year career.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Billy Volek comes in for McNair and throws a 55 yard TD pass to Drew Bennett. Just think what a year Bennett could have had, even though he missed a few games with an injured hand,if the Titans hadn't stuck with a battered, washed-up QB all season.
smiley7.gif

GWTJ

Mentor
I started Proehl on my fantasy team today. I had a feeling the Panthers would use him. He might make some more noise in the playoffs.

Kaptain

Master
Stokely had 5 catches for 122yards. It still seems like he was on the sidelines a lot especially considering that harrison was out and wayne only played 1/2 the game. Troy Walters seemed to play by far the most.

Spooge

Guru
" My goal is not be be a great NFL quarterback" M.V.
Edited by: Renaissance Man

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good quote Renaissance Man! I think it is safe to say he has not reached that goal.
smiley36.gif

By the way, where did that number 4 receiver for the Colts come from? My Dad and I were both asking ourselves "Troy who?".
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Spooge

Guru
"I'm coming out this season to show everybody that I'm the best, or
trying to be the best, or one day, that I'll be the best," M.V.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Cooley is Cool

We can't say it too loud in this town, but Chris Cooley is the Redskins' MVP. He's white, articulate, brutally big, fast, and competent. Three TD catches last week, one more this week. He is easily the best receiver on the team. Another "H"-back, relegated to that duty because WR slots are reserved.

Gets ZERO press from the DC papers. An invisible man. Catches touchdowns for Joe Gibbs such that the chosenrace receivers can take the credit. The other Skins receivers are most ordinary, they catch great passes when they are wide open, drop them when they are covered.

Spooge

Guru
Good post Real. Not to change teams, but Eli Manning had one of
his " superstar" bl.. receivers drop the ball in the end zone (it was
about a 40-60 yard pass right on the money.)

Realgeorge

Mentor
Howdy Renaissance Man ! Your Posts are Great !

I'm a huge Eli Manning fan, nay, a Manning fan in general. I'd love to see Indy and the Giants in the Super Bowl, Eli versus Peyton, with Archie doing the Play-by-Play on WWL AM-870!

If Joe Gibbs were straight with his white players I would be a major Redskins fan. But he ain't and I'm not. Go Eli!

[A follow-on to your M. Vick quotes ... A local mom from the 'hood was admonishing one of her kids who was misbehaving in a local grocery. She declared, "Boy, I have two words for you: Behave!"]Edited by: Realgeorge