Vote For Scott Podsednik

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He must of listened to me and benched Orlando Hernandez. He pitched McCarthy and guess what he only allowed 1 run in 8 inning.

By the way, Scotty is still struggling on the base paths and will most likely not lead the league in SB this year.

Mark Buehrle pitched better this Sunday, and said his velocity is back.

I forget what the rest of my rant was about. I was probably drunk.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hold on,don't count out Scott yet!He is only 1 stolen base away from being tied for the Major League Lead.He has 58 and the leader has 59.He had two stolen bases last night and seems to be running good again.The question is,with them having clinced the division title,will they play him the final 3 games.I hope they do and he can win the Stolen Base Crown again!
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What's even more alarming than Podsednik not repeating as the MLB stolen base champion after having a huge lead most of the season is he might not even repeat as AL leader. Through Wednesday's games, Chone Figgins of the Angels is just one stolen base behind Podsednik, 57 to 58.

You can bet your bippy that Figgins is going to be trying to steal every time he gets on base this weekend. Let's hope Podsednik has the same mindset.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Even if he doesn't win the point has been made. A white man made the CHiSox winners this year with his speed. As long as he is among the leaders it is great. I'm sure Scott has opened some doors for other fast white ball players.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He has 59 after tonight.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just as I thought might happen, Figgins stole 5 bases over the final weekend to take the stolen base crown away from Podsednik. Hopefully Scott will be healthy all of next season and win it back.

Brian Roberts finished tied for 7th in SB in the AL with 27. Ryan Freel of the Reds finished 5th in the NL with 36, and Craig Counsell of the Diamondbacks was 8th with 26.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He missed a lot of games this year, but he still came close to taking it. Also, he didn't play Saturday, so I'm not sure it was on his mind.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Podsenik and the Chicago White Sox on getting past the Red Sox to advance to the American League Championship Series.This is huge for Chicago.Konerko has been the man hitting alot of homeruns.They are a fun team to watch.

GWTJ

Mentor
Thank God we don't have to worry any more about the media gushing over Big Papi and Manny. I couldn't stomach another World Series with them.

With the Angels up 2 to 1 maybe we can get rid of Jeter, Sheffield and A-Rod also. Not to mention how they would repeatedly bring up Giambi's past in a negative way.

I guarantee you that if the White Sox get in the Series the media will spew many anecdotes and compliments Ozzie Guillen's way because they don't have any great black or Hispanic players to fawn over, but if the Angel's get in it will be all about Vlad and K-Rod and not Mike Scioscia.

JD074

Master
The commentators have been brutal to Scott tonight. It really seems like they don't like him.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
JD074 said:
The commentators have been brutal to Scott tonight. It really seems like they don't like him.

You'll have that when both announcers are St Louis affiliates.