Vitali vs Briggs

referendum

Mentor
It looks like Vitali Klitschko will defend his WBC title against Shannon Briggs in October in Germany. Vitali wanted a fight against Valuev apparently, or Haye of course. This seems a waste of a fight, would love to see him fighting a younger up and coming fighter, like Helenius, Boytsov, Adamek etc.

jcolec02

Mentor
Shannon has very little head movement, Vitali should destroy him with the jab and over hand right.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Shannon Briggs is possibly the worst heavyweight in boxing. He has absolutely no hand speed or movement. I would have liked to see Vitali fight Valuev but Valuev is another coward who will never fight a Klitschko.

whiteathlete33 said:
Shannon Briggs is possibly the worst heavyweight in boxing.  He has absolutely no hand speed or movement.  I would have liked to see Vitali fight Valuev but Valuev is another coward who will never fight a Klitschko.
Yes, Briggs is no more than a four round fighter at best.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I'm going to enjoy this one.

It'll be fun to watch Vitali destroy the arrogant, loud-mouthed steroid abuser.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Briggs called out Wladimir some years ago. He came into a press conference from what I remember and started his TNB rant. Briggs has taken more PED's than any fighter in history.

ww

Guru
Briggs should be a nice heavy bag.  Liakhovich had him soundly beaten until he deliberately lost.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Briggs has asthma and can barely breathe when he fights. I'd like to see Vitali KO this clown rather than anything.

ww

Guru
Briggs didn't behave badly at the press conf. with Wlad though, did he?  He said that he doesn't know if they will ever fight but he'd like to challenge Wlad in chess.

freedom1

Mentor
The coming Klitschko fights work out well for the fans on this site. We get to see Briggs and Peter destroyed.

Everyone knows Haye is a paper champ afraid of the Klitschkos and everyone would rather see the improved Wlad vs Peter than Povetkin.

ww

Guru
Seems to me, though, that the boxing mobsters are screwing  Povetkin, and Peter is getting yet another undeserved big money championship fight.

Most everyone now knows that the Gaye is nothing but a worthless loud mouthed paper champ, and not really even that, since in reality Valuev beat him.  

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is going to be Peter's third title shot against the Klitschko brothers. In my opinion that's two too many. I hope Wlad can knock Peter out and put an end to his career.

ww

Guru
I don't want to see them trotting in the crooked house ref Randy Neuman again for this one - but I wouldn't be surprised.

ww said:
lost said:
Anything to the talk that Holyfield may fight Vitali if Briggs can't???
Surely you jest.
Yea, it's crazy, but the "prez" of the WBC gave Holyfield the goahead if Briggs pulls out,

Well,
smiley5.gif
I think?

JReb1

Mentor
Holy may be old but he's still good and one of the few with enough balls to face either Klit right now. Holy might also be a big enough name to actually force American television to air the fight.

A victory over Williams helps set the stage for a fight next year
against one of the Klitschko brothers, who are heavyweight champions.
Vitali Klitschko is the WBC champion, and Wladimir Klitschko holds the
IBF, WBO, IBO titles.
<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: Evander Holyfield says he wants all title belts | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20100813/SPORTS18/8130309/1365/Sports/Evander-Holyfield-says-he-wants-all-title-belts#ixzz0wTbiYEro
</div>

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes, Holyfield still has some skills. He's even better than loudmouth David Haye in my opinion. The thing is Holyfield wouldn't be able to pull that stick and move crap on Vitali that he did with Valuev.
Edited by: whiteathlete33