Virchis in WBC eliminator

referendum

Mentor
The good news keeps coming in boxing. The WBC has announced that Vladimir Virchis will fight Juan Carlos Gomez in a "final eliminator" to fight the winner of Maskeav/Peter who in turn would fight Vitali Klitscko. The winner of those fights would fight the winner of Virchis/Gomez. This means that a Slavic fighter will likely be involved in the next three WBC title fights.
Also, this means that white boxers are involved in three title eliminators, Valuev/Liakachev are fighting to take on Chagaev, Povetkin fights Chambers to take on Klitscko, and now Virchis vs. Gomez to fight either Peter, Maskeav, or Vitali Klitschko.

G

I wish Vitali would retire for good, he has become annoying. Backing out of match after match does not help the image of white boxers.

He is the favorite joke among black supremist boxing fans, so yet another cancelled match would be a fiasco. His reputation is already bad. Missing another fight would ruin it.

G

f**k black supremacist and wigger boxing fans (actually most of the "black supremacists" you see infesting the boxing forums ARE wiggers). Who cares what they think? Why is it Vitali's fault if he gets injured? He messed up his body by participating in kick boxing or mixed martial arts or whatever the hell they call it.

ww

G

Virchis is fighting Hawkins this weekend. Hawkins has lost 5 of 6, but he's been fighting the top - Tua, Peter, Bergeron - and going the distance with all of them - so if Virchis can knock him out that will be something that they couldn't do!

G

I'd particularly like that black cuban junkie, gomez, to be eliminated from the heavyweight scene.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Gomez can box but has a glass jaw. Yanqui Lopez ko'd him in 20 seconds and he is a terrible journeyman. Picture Touch of Stiff with better boxing ability(and less power) and you have Gomez.

G

I wouldn't say Gomez has a glass jaw. Yaqui Diaz caught him in round one, his only loss in 44 fights. You can see the fight on YouTube. That was some terrific follow-up by Diaz. Gomez didn't fall down, though, the ref stopped it.

ironfist

Guru
nevada said:
I wish Vitali would retire for good, he has become annoying. Backing out of match after match does not help the image of white boxers.

He is the favorite joke among black supremist boxing fans, so yet another cancelled match would be a fiasco. His reputation is already bad. Missing another fight would ruin it.
Vitali never backed out of a match. His injuries are legit. He has had some bad luck. He is giving it one more shot. If he can make it through training he could still beat anyone out there including all wiggers.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
ironfist said:
nevada said:

Vitali never backed out of a match. His injuries are legit. He has had some bad luck. He is giving it one more shot. If he can make it through training he could still beat anyone out there including all wiggers.
smiley36.gif
Well I do know this, he definately didn't back out of fighting Hasbeen Rockhead....
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

G

"Vitali never backed out of a match. His injuries are legit. He has
had some bad luck. He is giving it one more shot. If he can make it
through training he could still beat anyone out there including all
wiggers"

*** gers. Wiggers are the ostensibly white kids with the baseball caps on backwards driving through shopping malls with the windows open and the radio blaring out rap, and they're also the ones on the boxing forums like Non-Stop Boxing posting photos of Tyson in his underwear and posts on how much they hate Vitali and Wlad.

Lewis' gloves were fixed up with something sharp in his fight with Vitali. Many of Lewis' fights were very suspicious.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Today, Vladimir Virchis completely dominated his opponent, African-American heavyweight Robert Hawkins. Virchis knocked down Hawkins in the third and fourth rounds, then finished him off with a KO in round five.

Hawkins was coming off a win against Terry Smith. He was believed to have a "good chin", having gone the distance with Sam Peter and David Tua, but Virchis is a powerful puncher...
Edited by: JD1986

Sean

Mentor
I've been saying for a long while that I believe Virchis to be the most powerful puncher in the Heavyweight division bar none! He don't have as much speed or skill as Klitschko, but I think Virchis actually hits harder! I would love to see Virchis fight Sam Peter someday soon.

JD074

Master
This is interesting. Hawkins survived twenty rounds with Peter and Tua, but couldn't survive five against Virchis. I just watched his Youtube vid again, and it really reminded me of just how heavy his hands are. He's one of those effortless punchers; it doesn't even look like he's trying to throw that hard, but he is. And though he may move slowly, he doesn't punch slowly! When he knocks this guy out, he throws one of the best- and most brutal- combinations I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1XNtQo5Yc

Obviously the issue will be defense when he fights one of the top fighters. Peter is aggressive and may wear him down over the course of the fight.

G

We never get to see most of the European heavies here. The only time I've seen Virchis is on that one Youtube video, one of his minor fights.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
We never get to see most of the European heavies here.  The only time I've seen Virchis is on that one Youtube video, one of his minor fights.

You can order DVDs of many of their fights, although the commentary is in German. The usual price is 3 fights for about $20. If you order more, each one costs less, something like 10 fights for $50.

referendum

Mentor
According to a fightnews.com interview with Gomez the fight against Virchis will take place in March in Germany.