Update:Wladimir Klitschko v.s. IBF!

NEWS FLASH
U.S. District Judge William Martini has stated he would make a decision within two weeks if there is no settlement between Wladimir Klitschko and the IBF over Klitschko's right to challenge IBF heavyweight champion Chris Byrd. Klitschko filed a lawsuit against the sanctioning organization after DaVarryl Williamson was moved ahead of him in the rankings. IBF attorney Linda Torres was quoted by the Newark Star-Ledger as saying the IBF is open to a box-off between Klitschko and Williamson. The Klitschko camp is against that option because Wladimir defeated Williamson eight months ago. That win, however, was far from conclusive as Williamson knocked down Klitschko before the fight was stopped prematurely due to a cut to Klitschko caused by an unintentional headbutt.
Friday, July 1 2005

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The decision went against Klitschko.Don King even has the
courts paid off.What a joke.He beats Williamson but is
ranked lower than him so Williamson gets the title shot.
I don't see how the courts are so blind but then again,
look at OJ and the M.Jackson trials.This sucks.They might
appeal it but it would probably be a waste of time.Now they
will really keep him from ever getting a title shot.They
already didn't like him,now they hate him.This might not
have been a good move to sue the IBF.They are some very
powerful people.I do however understand why he did it.He
deserves a title shot!Hang in there Wladimir!You will have
to get a shot at some point if you just keep winning.

G

white lightning said:
The decision went against Klitschko.Don King even has the
courts paid off.What a joke.He beats Williamson but is
ranked lower than him so Williamson gets the title shot.
I don't see how the courts are so blind but then again,
look at OJ and the M.Jackson trials.This sucks.They might
appeal it but it would probably be a waste of time.Now they
will really keep him from ever getting a title shot.They
already didn't like him,now they hate him.This might not
have been a good move to sue the IBF.They are some very
powerful people.I do however understand why he did it.He
deserves a title shot!Hang in there Wladimir!You will have
to get a shot at some point if you just keep winning.
He was dumb in sueing the IBF even though i believe Wlad was in the right in this case .

Unless there is something really funky going on an organization has the right to organize its rankings as it sees fit

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Something funky is going on and has been for years.Even
Mike Tyson will tell you that.So will Evander Holyfield
and others.Wladimir is getting screwed like so many others
have before.In one way it is good that they challenged
them in court.It helped a little to open the publics eyes.
On the other hand,they will hold him down even more now!

ironfist

Guru
Don King Please DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaptain

Master
I think he was doing the right thing in sueing the IBF. They have already made it clear that they were going to screw Vlad. In other words, it didn't hurt and it brought more public attention to the issue. If more fighters stood up to Don King like the Klitchskos we wouldn't have this problem. Fistfighter - if an organization santioned by the state refused to rank black boxers, would you say they have a right to organize its rankings as it sees fit? Of course, any organization that does this would lose in court. There is a legal point to be made for Vlad.

White_Savage

Mentor
"Unless there is something really funky going on an organization has the right to organize its rankings as it sees fit"

A private organization has the right to do what the devil it wants even if something "FUNKY" is going on. If you wanted to start the NWBF (no-whites boxing federation) that would be perfectly allright. However, the monkey wrench in this vision of an ideal world where government leaves private organizations the F alone is that it's soooo not how things really are today, private organizations can be hounded for all sorts of "unfair" treatment of people...unless of course those people are white. This double-standard makes my attitude towards such things as Vlad's lawsuit, or whites trying to get protection under "hate speech" laws, one of ambivalence. Maybe sometimes you've got to try and play by the rules they force on you, even if they do suck from an ethical standpoint.

G

Kaptain Poop said:
I think he was doing the right thing in sueing the IBF. They have already made it clear that they were going to screw Vlad. In other words, it didn't hurt and it brought more public attention to the issue. If more fighters stood up to Don King like the Klitchskos we wouldn't have this problem. Fistfighter - if an organization santioned by the state refused to rank black boxers, would you say they have a right to organize its rankings as it sees fit? Of course, any organization that does this would lose in court. There is a legal point to be made for Vlad.

The IBF are stonewalling Wlad for financial and promotional reasons . Wlad does'nt want to play ball so thats what they do is it unfair and unethical yes. But to claim that they are against Wlad because he is white is BS.

Its a money issue not a race issue Wlad had the right to sue but did you really think he was going to win ?.

Gary

Mentor
Bottom line is we all know Wlad beat Byrd,Willamson and Barrett!!

Kaptain

Master
Fits,

I was merely pointing out that there are some cases in which even a private organization could lose a discrimination case. I didn't intend to say that Vlad was discriminated against because he is white. Frankly, I agree with white savage in that a private organization should be able to do just about whatever it wants to. Unfortunetly our laws or the courts interpretation of them don't allow that and often have a PC double standard. Vlad was discriminated against because of Don King - not his race. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Gary

Mentor
They called Mesi a bum but he beat Barrett and KO'D Williamson in 1 round! Wlad beat Bryd,Williamson,Mercer, McCline and Barrett. Guinn lost to Lyahkovich! Vitali smeared Williams,Bean,Donald and Johnson plus ran Lewis out of boxing. Maskeav Ko'd Rahman. Now Calvin Brock and Samuel Peter are there PC Darlings
smiley36.gif
. Toney won't fight Vitali-Bryd is afraid of everybody! Maybe Leo Nolan can beat these big bad Russians
smiley36.gif
!!!