ufc 78

Sean

Mentor
I agree guys, I had Bisping winning 2 of the 3 rounds. But Dana White seems to badly want Rashad to get a title shot, so I knew this was going to happen (just like Tito). Still, I think most people know Bisping won.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I wish UFC would adopt more rounds so that the inevitable controversial decisions would be reduced. Maybe they can shorten the rounds to 3 minutes and make the fights 5 rounds instead. I thought the scoring was too close to call as both fighters really did nothing in the third round. The Count looked like he was too gassed to finish the obviously gassed Evans.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Silva is the one with the tattoo. He is Brazilian, take that as you wish.

I was imressed with Silva, I thought he would beat the limited Alexander. However I was impressed with the relative ease in which he dipatched him. 1) Grounded him. 2) knocked him out.

The Bisping Evans fiasco was too close for me to call. I thought evans without a doubt won the first round. I thought Bisping handily won the second round. The third round was a round in which they both just stared at each other looking tired as hell. I would have probably called it a draw. On a side note, I don't think Bisping, nor Evans for that matter are in the elite at 205. I say the new and improved Forest Griffin whoops both their asses.Edited by: aussieaussie31

dkr77

Guru
Aussie, Agreed. Forrest Griffin looked as good in his last fight as anyone in the 205 division. I think Stephan Bonner will also make waves in the division since his joining of team Couture.

JD074

Master
white is right said:
I wish UFC would adopt more rounds so that the inevitable controversial decisions would be reduced. Maybe they can shorten the rounds to 3 minutes and make the fights 5 rounds instead.

Good idea. They might not want to appear like they're "copying" boxing, and it's probably a "macho" thing as well. The championship bout wouldn't be quite so simple. It would have to be either 7 or 9 rounds, which wouldn't be exactly 25 minutes.

And boxing could take a page from MMA by using odd numbered rounds instead of even. I don't know why they do that. 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13 would be better than 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12. Edited by: JD074

G

UFC should get rid of rounds completely. Rounds are one of the reasons the matches are boring.

Too many rules, too many weight classes, too many ways to avoid fighting now. Go for points, get the safe win, bore the fans.

nopictures

Guru
I disagree with you there nevada, the break in between rounds is crucial for the fighters to regain their energy, I imagine the fighters flopping around on the floor for 10 minutes to an eventual arm bar would be pretty boring. I wish they amalgamated pride's yellow card system myself.

When you put points in jeopardy for a fighter I feel you'd have alot less laying and/or praying.

White_Savage

Mentor
Pride's 10 minute first round was a great idea IMHO. 5 minutes just isn't long to work, giving them a 10 minute round at the front while they are freshest seems like a good idea.