UFC 292: O'Malley Vs. Sterling

Arerequired

Mentor
Main Card:
Bantamweight:Sean O'MalleyVs.Aljamain Sterling (c)
Women's Strawweight:Zhang Weili (c)Vs.Amanda Lemos
Welterweight:Ian Machado GarryVs.Neil Magny
Bantamweight:Da'Mon BlackshearVs.Mario Bautista
Bantamweight:Marlon VeraVs.Pedro Munhoz
Prelims:
Middleweight:Chris WeidmanVs.Brad Tavares
Middleweight:Gregory RodriguesVs.Denis Tiuliulin
Lightweight:Austin HubbardVs.Kurt Holobaugh
Bantamweight:Brad KatonaVs.Cody Gibson
Middleweight:Andre PetroskiVs.Gerald Meerschaert
Women's Flyweight:Andrea LeeVs.Natália Silva
Women's Flyweight:Karine SilvaVs.Maryna Moroz

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Weidmans knees are done. Gutty but was dominated.

Missed the Russians loss but that makes us 0-2 in caste matches.

Holobaugh v Hubbard and Gibson v Katona was great action but unfortunately Brother Wars.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good win for Chito. He definitely looks more Spainard with his hair and beard grown out. Probably 75% Conquistador.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Good win for Chito. He definitely looks more Spainard with his hair and beard grown out. Probably 75% Conquistador.
Munhoz and Vera are both White. And it was a exciting fight to watch.
Felt bad for Wideman; that may be the end of the road for him. Such good memories of him beating Silva. Twice..

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Munhoz and Vera are both White. And it was a exciting fight to watch.
Felt bad for Wideman; that may be the end of the road for him. Such good memories of him beating Silva. Twice..
True! Munhoz looks pure Portuguese. Or as pure as it gets in Brazil these days.

I think Chris he should hang up the gloves.. He had one helluva run but it’s sadly over.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I think Chris he should hang up the gloves.. He had one helluva run but it’s sadly over.
Agreed. His body has a lot of miles on it. Feel somewhat similar about Wonderboy. Won some big fights, made good $, time to ride into the sunset.

Arerequired

Mentor
The scourge of the bantamweight division has been lifted, nice performance from Ian Machado Garry as well but I would have liked a finish, was he drawing it out on purpose? A humiliation for the caste system.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The Irish Lads evened out the Caste matchups in a big way! Suga Show with an impressive tko!

I do think Garry wanted to whoop Magnys ass and toy with him.

I was an O'Malley doubter, but big win for him tonight. Pretty solid outcomes overall.

I'm a pretty casual MMA fan, but I won't lie - the high profile caste matchups in particular suck me in. UFC is probably the only major sport that hasn't done everything it can to prop up black athletes at the expense of whites.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Irish Lads evened out the Caste matchups in a big way! Suga Show with an impressive tko!

I do think Garry wanted to whoop Magnys ass and toy with him.
I always tabbed him as future champion but with the UFC and their brutal match making many future champions age out before they can make it to the top.

His knockdown over Sterling was a classic timed cross..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I was at the gym and saw a BSPN segment on Sterling. I found myself immediately disliking him so it's nice to see him lose to O'Malley.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I was at the gym and saw a BSPN segment on Sterling. I found myself immediately disliking him so it's nice to see him lose to O'Malley.
Yeah he said he was going to end O’Malleys “Dana White Privilege”. Glad the Jamaican went night night.

freedom1

Mentor
Don't really care for O'Malley's whigger proclivities, but it sure is nice to see him KO AJM.

sprintstar

Mentor
saw the full replay and gotta say there was no way Sterling would have got back to his feet.....ref saved his ass... I am sure Sterling will clamor for a rematch, get the rematch...and get hammered again lol