Tyler Roehl

backrow

Hall of Famer
Tyler had 4 carries, while black back Pachall had about 12 or 15. however Tyler managed to get 100 yards with his carries!
smiley32.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Was it another blowout backrow??

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Haha well no worries they play Wyoming next if im not mistaken? They have to be listed as the favorites don't you guys think?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Tyler Roehl Interview courtesy of nfldraftblitz.com:

Tyler Roehl Interview
Fullback - North Dakota State

7/11/08

By: Alex Khvatov

Alex Khvatov: What are your measurements (height, weight and forty time)?

Tyler Roehl: Height 5'10", weight 231, and my 40 time is 4.58.

Alex Khvatov: Coming out of high school, what schools showed interest in you?

Tyler Roehl: North Dakota State and University of North Dakota.

Alex Khvatov: What made you choose North Dakota State?

Tyler Roehl: I grew up in West Fargo, North Dakota. It was close to home. The school was going to Division I. They were headed in the right direction. If I had to do it all over, I would make the same decision a million times over.

Alex Khvatov: What is your workout regimen in the off-season?

Tyler Roehl: We lift and run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. At 6:30 in the morning, we lift and at four in the afternoon, I run. I do Pilates two times a week. I started doing it since this winter. It helps with the flexibility and core strength.

Alex Khvatov: What are your strengths on the football field?

Tyler Roehl: I am a determined player. I want to help the team win. I am going to get the tough yards. I do what I am called upon to do as a teammate. I also have the breakaway speed to run away from defenders.

Alex Khvatov: What areas of your game do you need to improve upon during your senior season?

Tyler Roehl: I don't think it is a big deal, but I want to improve on ball security. I also need to work on picking up the blitz better.

Alex Khvatov: What is the highlight of your football career up to this point?

Tyler Roehl: Our team game against Minnesota last year. I rushed for 263 yards. Their program is down right now, but they still play in a major conference. I got recognized as USA Player of the week. We got recognition and it is another way to help our program. We won the game.

Alex Khvatov: Tell me about your breakout junior season.

Tyler Roehl: I put in a lot of hard work. I put in a lot of extra time. I had a lot of extra film sessions. I had a great supporting cast, great line and a QB that didn't make mistakes. I wasn't really expecting it. It is a dream come true.

Alex Khvatov: What is your favorite NFL team?

Tyler Roehl: Right now, it would have to be Urlacher and the Bears. The Monsters of the Midway Defense.

Alex Khvatov: Who is your favorite player?

Tyler Roehl: When I was growing up, I was a big Terrell Davis fan. He is just a great RB. I remember when he had migraines during the Super Bowl and he came back and got the MVP.

Alex Khvatov: Who is the toughest player that you have faced during your career?

Tyler Roehl: Joe Mays, Linebacker from North Dakota State. He was my teammate. He hit hard, was great on blitzing moves and gave all out effort. He got drafted by the Eagles.

Alex Khvatov: Which underclassman on your team should we keep an eye on in the future?

Tyler Roehl: Right tackle Keith Buckman is doing well. He is a great lineman. He did well as a sophomore last year. He really emerged as a top lineman for us. He should be even better this year.

Alex Khvatov: Which NFL player would you compare your game to?

Tyler Roehl: Rudy Johnson or Jacob Hester.

Alex Khvatov: What are some of your individual and team goals for your senior season?

Tyler Roehl: First and foremost, I want our team to be eligible for the playoffs. This is the first year that we are going to be in the Missouri Valley Conference (former Gateway Conference). I want to win the conference. I want to gain 1,500 yards and score 25 touchdowns which would break the school record.

Alex Khvatov: How does it feel to be getting all of this attention?

Tyler Roehl: Getting attention is flattering, but I have to stay humble. I have another year to prove myself. I got to stay humble though.

Alex Khvatov: What do you enjoy most about playing football?

Tyler Roehl: The challenge. The one on one situations to find out who will be better. Also when you are down by a touchdown, making the winning run is sweet.

Alex Khvatov: Has the NFL always been in the back of your mind?

Tyler Roehl: You know what, I have dreamt of it as a kid. I still have a lot of hard work to do. If there is a chance, I will take it.

Alex Khvatov: What is the one thing in your daily life that you can't live without?

Tyler Roehl: I got to say lifting. I enjoy working out. It is one of my hobbies.

Alex Khvatov: Tell me something about yourself that makes you unique.

Tyler Roehl: I am a proud uncle. My brother and sister both just had kids.

Alex Khvatov: How important is education to you?

Tyler Roehl: It is very important. I was a First Team Academic All-American last year. I am a physical education major.

Alex Khvatov: What do you want to do after your football career is over?

Tyler Roehl: I want to go into coaching. It would probably be coaching football in high school or college.

Alex Khvatov: What are your hobbies?

Tyler Roehl: I like hanging out with my teammates, lifting, playing college football on PS2, going to the lake in the summer and hanging out with my family.

Alex Khvatov: Finish the sentence, Tyler Roehl is...

Tyler Roehl: On the field, I am just a football player. I like to hit. I play the game the way it is supposed to be played. A smash mouth brand of football appeals to me. Off-the-field, I am a fun-loving guy. I am a jokester. I make people laugh. But I am serious when I have to be.

My take: I like how he compares his game to both a white and black RB. Jacob Hester and Rudi Johnson! This guy is a great north-south runner with solid speed!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Tyler is having a good game today, as it appears the other runningback is out. so far over hundred yards, 2 TDs and 7.4 ypc.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since he isn't with a team yet, I figured this would be the best place to put this article. It looks as though Tyler Roehl has been invited to the Vikings 3 day mini-camp which starts this Friday. He thinks if the Vikings like Toby Gerhart, they will like him. We'll see.

<h1>Second chance at NFL: Ex-Bison RB Roehl
wants to make Vikes roster</h1>
Former North Dakota State running back Tyler Roehl was elated when he
saw the Minnesota Vikings selected Stanford's Toby Gerhart in the second
round of last weekend's NFL Draft.

By:
<a href="http://www.inforum.com/event/author/name/Heath%2DHotzler/" target="_blank">Heath
Hotzler
</a>, INFORUM

<div><ul><div id="photo275574" style="display: block;">

</div><div id="brief275574" style="display: block;">
Tyler Roehl packs on the pounds Tuesday during a workout session
at the Bison Sports Arena while preparing for the Minnesota Vikings
mini-camp this week. Photo by David Samson / The Forum
</div>[/list]</div>

Former North Dakota State running back Tyler Roehl was elated when
he saw the Minnesota Vikings selected Stanford's Toby Gerhart in the
second round of last weekend's NFL Draft.

Gerhart is hard-nosed
runner with deceptive speed and a never say-die work ethic.

If the
Vikings brass like Gerhart, Roehl is confident they are bound to like
him.

"They can gauge me with the tailback they drafted in the
second round,"Â￾ said Roehl, a former Seattle Seahawk who will participate
in the Vikings three-day rookie minicamp beginning Friday at Winter
Park. "I think we're pretty comparable."Â￾

Roehl said that he's
healthy and ready to compete for a job on the Vikings roster. He said he
will play fullback, run the ball occasionally and get in on special
teams. He'll do whatever it takes to earn a job.

But it won't be
easy.

Roehl hasn't played football or practiced since a torn ACL
in his left knee prematurely ended his rookie season in Seattle last
June 1.

He also endured a minor setback last Christmas when
doctors had to remove his meniscus because it wasn't healing properly.

Then
there is the depth chart.

Naufahu Tahi was re-signed in the
offseason to be Minnesota's starting fullback. The Vikings are switching
seventh-round draft pick Ryan D'Imperio of Rutgers from linebacker to
fullback.

Roehl remains undaunted.

He said he gained 10
pounds from his time at NDSU and now weighs in at 245. Roehl also says
he can still come close to running the 4.53-second, 40-yard dash he ran
leading up to last year's draft.

"I don't think the pressure is on
me,"Â￾ said Roehl, a standout at West Fargo High School. "I just have to
go out there and do what I can do. The pressure is on the guys who have
been drafted. "¦ I just want to go out there, have fun and prove to them
and to myself that I can still play."Â￾

A bruising running back,
Roehl rushed for 2,512 yards and 34 touchdowns in his final two seasons
with the Bison.

He burst on to the national scene as a junior with
a school record 263 yards and one touchdown in a 27-21 win against
Minnesota at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

"You have to be
mentally and physically prepared,"Â￾ Roehl said. "But I don't think it
will hit me that I'm back on the field until I'm out there in a helmet
and pads."Â￾http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/276874/

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Roehl is naive if he thinks the Vikings will utilize him as a RB. They already have one white guy and there is no guarantee that even he will get a fair deal. They may be comparable, but it is not acceptable in the NFL to have 2 talented white RB's one your roster, let alone, one.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I believe Roehl thinks they could use him mainly as a FB with an occasional run or pass thrown in, not as an RB. He's over 240 pounds now even though he says he hasn't lost much speed. Even so, it is still tough to see the Vikings holding onto two White backs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
While he might not have a chance at lining up in the backfield, if he does really, really well, runs a mid 4.5 40, shows excellent quickness, can catch every pass, and shows near superhuman athleticism, he might qualify as a "Special Teams Demon". To beat out a slower, hands-of-stone scrub black fullback/H-back/RB, he'd have to show godlike abilities, however.