Ture story about Dustin Fox

whiteCB

Master
A story about Dustin Fox which I don't know if it was in a joking matter or the situation we're at when it comes to smaller white football players aka DBs, WRs, RBs and what someone automatically thinks they are. I was at the Ohio St camp a couple of years ago working out with the DBs and asked assistant DB coach (something) Tressel I forgot his first bame,but it was Jim's nephew who played D3 ball. Anyways I asked him what he thought of Dustin Fox since we just won the national champioship(Fox had a 2nd qtr INT that game) with Fox starting every game at CB and doing great. He said "Oh yeah Dustin. The first time I saw him I thought he was a water boy or something like that." Though he went on to say how surprised he was that Fox was such a great athlete. Meanwhile the black DB head coach Mel Tucker had nothing but positive things to say about Fox and his athleticism. Also he actually ripped on the media during film study saying Fox is so good at CB he doesn't care what the media says he's staying there. I would say that's ironic but white coaches, especially the NFL, always rip white players and so its usually black coaches who give respect to white players

I think in a way...there is a small inferiority complex developing in white Americans (with regards to athleticism) Edited by: hollywoodnorth

With black coaches ... being a minority, they know what it's like to be labelled so are more likely to defend someone who is labelled. Edited by: hollywoodnorth

whiteCB

Master
Look at Bush winning the past two elections. It was because of the Christian revival especially those evangelicals.

SteveB

Mentor
Your right whiteCB. I have said in other posts, that I always got a fairer shake from my black coaches.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The self hate thing is a bad problem. I think it is an inferiority complex too. It has become so prevalent, most people accept it simply because of the demographics of basketball and football.

As for Christians making a comeback, I'm all for it. All I can say is if 2000 or 2004 had been a REAL Christian revival, we wouldn't have put a joke neo-con like Bush in. We would have put a real Conservative in. If you are a Christian, you can't vote for who you want to be President anymore because they can't win. You have to end up voting for the lesser? of 2 evils, which I do not like to do. It would be great if a real man of God were to have a legitimate shot at it, but I don't see it happening, because our society is becoming more liberal all the time. That, of course, is just prophecy being fulfilled. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

IceSpeed2

Guru
I would say Marxist philosophy has too strong a hold
on politicians. The pre-determinism leanings of Marx and the
Communist division of labor have threatened people's freedom of choice
by slowly destroying the concept of the self and character. If
people began to focus of making good choices again, genetics and
stereotypes would not affect players like Fox.

I would like to see political party's mentioned in
anti-trust law. I think the Republicans and Democrats have too
strong of a "duopoly" on America.

whiteCB

Master
Great point Hollywoodnorth! All of these new found "true" Christians think that the basis of Christianity is the pro-life movement, the drug war, or sensorship. When in reality the foundation of Christianity was laid on the principles of helping the poor working man and give him hope to salvation in the future. The real Christian battles should be giving your fellow man a decent job and pay. That's why I love the blue collar unions. They are hard working men who get what they deserve and if George Bush ever picked up a jackhammer he'd know too. Note: I'm not a hard core religious freak so don't let this post scare all of you. I'm just posting the facts.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I do see maintaining a culture of life and high morals as being integral to Christianity and America's future. I am a hard core Christian freak, but like whiteCB wrote, don't let this post scare you. I agree that helping the truly needy should be an important part as well. We ought to be worried more about our own people here, instead of overseas or in Mexico. I think Michael Savage is right when he says: Language, Culture, Borders.

I'm not talking about George Dubya and the other 70% of "God-fearing" Americans who are all fake Christians. Edited by: hollywoodnorth

JoeV

Guru
I agree that "whiggerisms" that hollywoodnorth mentioned need to be banned from the lexicon immeadiately, but I disagree with the stand on using sex to sell things. They need to show more boobage to sell products. Alot of people are hung up on the female nipple, like it is the anti-christ and its going to destroy America's youth or something. I say we need more cleavage and full boob exposure to sell products. If FOX is advertising their pregame show with topless chicks hanging on the set and ESPN is offering Chris "I never met a meatball sub I didn't like" Berman and Tom Jackson hanging out, I am watching the one where I can see boobs.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm a leg man myself.