Troubled WR 2nd Shot

Bear-Arms

Mentor
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Wide receiver Koren Robinson has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year contract with the Minnesota Vikings, Robinson's agent told a newspaper on Monday.

Agent Alvin Keels didn't give the Star Tribune any financial details, but said the contract is expected to be signed Tuesday.

Calls to Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and to Keels were not immediately returned to The Associated Press.

Keels told the newspaper that Robinson, the former Seattle Seahawks first-round draft pick, won't play in Sunday's regular-season opener against Tampa Bay. Keels said Robinson should be ready when the Vikings travel to Cincinnati the following week.

Robinson's best season came in 2002, when he caught 78 passes for 1,240 yards.

The Seahawks released Robinson, 25, in June after he was charged with drunken driving, the latest in a series of off-field problems for the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft. Robinson pleaded guilty July 18 and was sentenced to one day in jail with 364 days suspended, but the case was reopened when officers smelled alcohol on his breath when he arrived to serve his day in jail.

Robinson checked himself into a 28-day alcohol rehabilitation program last month.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I saw this article earlier today.

I don't know what to say. I'm actually at a loss for words. Nothing can be added that we haven't already said a 1,000 times on this site and thought to ourselves everytime we watch a white football player get cut.

I don't think even the term 'caste' can fairly describe the travesty that is the NFL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Tice seems to really like his thugs. I hope the Vikings finish last in their division this year, even though the other three teams in it are almost as bad at the head coaching position (Steve Mariucci, Mike Sherman and Lovie Smith).

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I love the NFL. I've loved football since I was a kid.

But its really getting to the point where I don't know how much more that I will be able to stand before I turn off the TV on Sundays.

I think a lot for me is riding on the shoulders of Matt Jones. If they stick it to him like they have the other white players trying to make a team this year, that will probably do it for me.

I'll have to learn how to watch NASCAR, at least until Joe Gibbs and Magic Johnson ruin that with their diversity programs, too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's no question that Matt Jones, Kevin Curtis and Drew Bennett have superstar ability, and Brandon Stokley has star ability. The NFL was in a similar situation in 2000, when a group of white receivers tore it up in the second half of the '99 season. Other than Ed McCaffrey, who was already 32 years old, all were thwarted -- Keith Poole, Patrick Jeffers, Bill Schroeder and Tim Dwight.

The current group is more talented than the '00 group. T'will be interesting to see what transpires this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm excited about all of these guys but Jones and Curtis have the speed that guys only dream about.If these guys were number one receivers like they should be,they would lead the nfl in receiving yards!I have no doubt in my mind about that.Give them the rare chance that Bennett is getting.Drew Bennett & Stokley will have solid years again.It really makes you wonder why these teams are so obsessed with trouble makers like T.O. & Moss. Wake up and smell the coffee.There are guys just as good that continue to get cut that would never cause any problems in or out of the locker room.If it were for these receivers,I like White
Shogun would have already gave up the NFL.The running back situation pisses me off the most!Now with qb's and the offensive line quickly changing,what's left?