Triple G vs Geale

Westside

Hall of Famer
I see GGG totally taking Geale apart with a brutal KO coming in rd 5 or 6. Geale is made for GGG, always coming forward with limited defensive skills. Highlight reel KO or a smart compassionate Geale corner throwing in the towel right before the hammer(s) fall.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I see GGG totally taking Geale apart with a brutal KO coming in rd 5 or 6. Geale is made for GGG, always coming forward with limited defensive skills. Highlight reel KO or a smart compassionate Geale corner throwing in the towel right before the hammer(s) fall.

Gaele is probably the best opponent Triple G has faced to date. One can make a case that Macklin is on the same level as Gaele. I hope he impresses to silence all the haters.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Correct WA 33! Geale is on the same level as Macklin. Look at what GGG did to him. The fight I want to see after this is Triple G v Miguel Cotto, you talk about fight of the decade this would be it. It would be in historic Madison Square Garden, hyped to the stratosphere and for the lineal Middleweight Title that Cotto took from a broken down Martinez last month. I see GGG destroying Miguel as well. This is the big money bout next year.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Correct WA 33! Geale is on the same level as Macklin. Look at what GGG did to him. The fight I want to see after this is Triple G v Miguel Cotto, you talk about fight of the decade this would be it. It would be in historic Madison Square Garden, hyped to the stratosphere and for the lineal Middleweight Title that Cotto took from a broken down Martinez last month. I see GGG destroying Miguel as well. This is the big money bout next year.

I would love for triple G to somehow face Gayweather. I guarantee a win for him. It will never happen though. Floyd would never come up in weight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I would love for triple G to somehow face Gayweather. I guarantee a win for him. It will never happen though. Floyd would never come up in weight.
Floyd will have his hands full with a second helping of El Chino. The 1st fight took a lot out of Floyd, the second hopefully will further diminish him. Maidiana, needs to be able to stay on the gas 10 of 12 rds and beat him into submission. If he can do this, he can outright win. We shall see. To answer your question GGG will utterly destroy Floyd at this point in time. Too big, too fast and too powerful.

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
So stoked about the GGG fight...actually ordered HBO just for this match! The undefeated GGG has bricks in his fist with 26 KO's in 29 contest!

Wish somehow Mayweather and GGG could meet somewhere in the middle...bec GGG would break his ribs now at their current weights!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Those two heavyweights on the undercard should wage a war. The winner fights the winner of Wilder vs Siverene (SP? who cares) to be crowned the best affeletic Amerikan heavyweight. I have a feeling it will be a good scrap.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Triple G with the 3rd rd KO. He looked great. So relaxed and always in the right position to deliver precision blows. In the KO, Geale had actually landed a great right hand, but GGG took it and blasted him with a wicked right that dropped Geale. GGG also got a knock down in the 2nd rd. I said it before and I will say it again. Triple G will become the face of boxing in 1 1/2 to 2 years. Watching him in the ring is like watching a choreographed Bruce Lee movie, where he looks like the boss all the time, but its not a movie. He is that good.

Westside

Hall of Famer
After the fight, HBO had a short documentary about Kovolev's last fight. "2 Days". How things have changed in 3 years. Most of the fighters featured on HBO now are White or Hispanic.

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice post Westside...that just about covered it! GGG has got bricks inside of his fist & his jab is lethal! The impressive movie-like thing you describe is the way GGG "Stalks his opponent"....it's just a matter of time before the hammer drops!

Credit Geale...he had some fight in him w good movement & landed a few nice licks...but the difference in power was just way too much to overcome.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Nice post Westside...that just about covered it! GGG has got bricks inside of his fist & his jab is lethal! The impressive movie-like thing you describe is the way GGG "Stalks his opponent"....it's just a matter of time before the hammer drops!

Credit Geale...he had some fight in him w good movement & landed a few nice licks...but the difference in power was just way too much to overcome.
Exactly 22! being in the ring at this level against a B+ opponent and to look totally relaxed and to move fluently is harder than it looks. Triple G seems to enjoy being in the ring to dish out punishment in a controlled manner. Geale to his credit was crafty but Triple G is the goods and just steamrolled him. Geale was smart enough not to let bravado get to him and go on after the 2nd knockdown, he knew brain damage awaited.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Also, on the broadcast, HBO had Chris Algerie on who will fight Pacman on 11/22/14. He seems to be a throwback to White America pre 1968. College and master graduate. Humble guy who believes in himself. Should be an interesting fight.

The Hock

Master
Timekeeper screwed up and let the first round go four minutes. With each passing second carrying the potential of a fight ending GGG punch, not to Geale's advantage. The timekeeper had a much easier job (a dunce's task really) than Geale and still managed to make a muck of it.

Then the next round another dunce, some photographer, manages to leave the strap from his camera where Geale somehow gets his foot tangled in it. You just know his cohorts got some great pics of it too.

One round later Geale lands his best punch of the fight and gets knocked out a split second later with an even bester one from GGG. Just wasn't his night.

With Triple G's talent it was never going to be Geale's night.

white is right

Hall of Famer
GGG, like the K brothers, is in a league of his own.
GGG made a skillful world class fighter look like a cannon fodder ESPN opponent type fighter. I tend to agree with the HBO crew that this destruction of Geale makes it even harder and more expensive getting a name fighter in the opposite corner. GGG already has to over pay his opponents to get them to fight him. The only hope for a mega fight is that his fan base is creeping up and up as casual fans love knock out artists and that is what GGG is....:thumb:

TwentyTwo

Master
Pre fight GGG said he was thinking this could be a 12 round fight if necessary. But when you throw bombs like he does; the opponent simply is not able to withstand those blast!

It was strange that the 1st Round was 4 minutes & Gaele tripped over the strap of the camera from photographer being too close!

The Hock

Master
I'm wondering if Mugsy and the boys may have had big money on a first rouind KO. If GGG had stopped Geale after the three minute mark would the bookies still pay?

Man, Geale got smoked! This was a guy that was supposed to be giving GGG some sort of test according to Kellerman et al. Yea right, this looked like a one sided sparring beatdown. The KO was hilarious, they traded right hands, GGG gets the better of it then Geale gets "smoked*!