tommy z

psychosid

ok guys...one fantastic thing about this game is going to be the undisputable fact that tommy z is FASTER then both ted ginn and santonio holmes...he ran down ginn and he outran SMITH, GINN & HOLMES on that fumble recovery!!!! that made my year!!!!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Zib was the fastest guy out there, no doubt. He should be running with the ball not after it.

psychosid

he is a bit on the small side to be a running back...corner would be his best position..but you know how it goes....no pale faces allowed..lol

JoeV

Guru
Yeah the OSU radio guys commented on how they have never seen ANYONE tackle Ginn from behind. They were constantly talking about Zib's 4.3 speed and his HS track records. It almost sounded like they were talking about a black guy.
smiley36.gif

I really can't believe that Weis hasn't at least tried to put Tommy Z into some offensive sets. Z was a heralded quarterback in high school, and he has the tools to be a Tim-Dwight-style offensive threat. If nothing else, his mere presence on the field would draw enough attention from the defense perhaps to open the way for another receiver or ballcarrier.

I said it in the Notre Dame vs. OSU board as well: Tommy got screwed out of a tremendous highlight when the officials ruled that his fumble-return-for-a-TD was an incomplete pass. And I also failed to see the phanton block in the back that was also noted on the return (which, as usual, had nothing to do with the return itself).

BonnieBlue

Zib's game was huge. He clearly stood out. Hisnumerous displays of speed, I believe, had to have a significant psychological effect. Running down both Ginn and Holmes and running away from everybody on his fumble return were evidence that the fastest player on the field was, GASP!, white.And his toughness and motivation were inspiring. He didn't give up.The game was truly a joy to watch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tommy should not only be playing some on offense,but he should also be on the Notre Dame Track Team.He used to be a sprinter in high school and was excellent.A boxer,a football player,sprinter,what can't this kid do?He is a inspiration to all of us.That fumble return was as good as it gets.I'm really glad all of these guys will be back next season to try and take the Fighting Irish to a Nat'l Championship Game.Maybe now that Stovall is gone,they will play Zib a little at wide receiver.