Saul Alvarez: WBC

Welterweight

Jan Zaveck: IBF
Vyacheslav Senchenko: WBA

Super Featherweight

Ricky Burns: WBO

Super Flyweight

Omar Andrés Narváez: WBO

Gennady Golovkin may be a mix of mostly Russian and some Central Asian heritage. There are others like Robert Guerrero who appears to be white, and Brandon Rios who appears to be mostly white, I've only included those I'm fairly certain about. Mexico now has 15 world titles, and several of those new titleholders appear to be white or partly white. Marcos Rene Maidana and Andre Ward had white fathers, and David Haye had a white mother.

White boxers are still doing very well.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Parody

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"and David Haye had a white mother."

Many blacks want to escape their blackness, and that's certainly why there's a "one drop rule." White society is saying -- "uh no, not so easy fella, we know all about your dysfuntion and neurosis. Your kids will be considered black, colored, mutt or mongrel. Deal with it, there will be NO escaping from your genepool." Maybe the modern day "paternity test" isn't so bad after all.. knowledge is power.

Because, the proverbial chip on their shoulders is really their blackness, and try as they may, it can't be removed. The harder they press, the harder they try to be "cool," the worst the outcome as everyone can see right through it. By and large, "wealthy blacks" don't have gorgeous wives/girlfriends, regardless of if those women are black, latina, Asian, White, Injun, mixed or whatever.

The more that blacks press to be the "cool black guy" -- the more foolish they look. Rather than being "naturals" at rhythm/dancing/athletics/acting -- they show themselves to be buffoons the vast amount of time. WOMEN can see right through them. David Gayes mom was a prostitute, and David Gayes crackhead/alcoholic "wife" is nothing less than a skidrow prostitute as well, a veritable "black mans dream" as a White man wouldn't go near it. If Gaye is "English" - than I'm the Mighty Thor.

Westside

Hall of Famer
ESPN's Dan Raphael just named Ricky Burns as the top Junior Light Weight Champion.
smiley20.gif
So, it appears our guys are making serious in roads into the lighter weights. Great to see.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Parody, thanks for starting this thread. I was curious how our fighters were doing these days. I'm thrilled to see Whites represented as champions of the lower weight divisions as well as our continued dominance at the upper divisions. I've really been enjoying the resurgence of White dominance of boxing for quite a while now. I'll never forget watching Wlad punish Byrd on HBO in the Hollywood Hilton in April of 2006. It is hard to believe it has been over 5 years since that happened, and Wlad is as good if not better now as he was then.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

BoxingFanUK

Yes, many great white and European champions. That is great and should be applauded.

Other accomplished white fighters that dont have a championship, but are considered "championship level": Tomasz Adamek (Heavy), Danny Green (Cruiser), and Kelly Pavlik (Super Middle).

Although these 3 guys do not have titles, they are generally perceived as being championship tier fighters.

Additionally, there exists almost an endless array of up-and-coming white-Euro prospects.

Undoubtedly, right now is the best time for whites and Europeans in the history of modern boxing (say post World War 2). Amateur boxing titles and tournaments are the best indicator for future pro boxing rankings, and in that regard there will surely be even more Euro champions in the coming years!

Euro dominance above welterweight has essentially been achieved. The real question and challenge for Euro boxing is how to successfully compete in weights below welterweight.

Edited by: BoxingFanUK

j41181

Master
I don't expect the White Tide in boxing (upper weights especially) to ebb anytime soon. Eastern Europe has a bevy of more potential champions in years to come. More reason to give boxing advocates of the PAST more headaches.
smiley36.gif

Now, if only America (or Britain) can begin it's own white boxer resurgence. For now, my hats off to the Eastern Europeans!
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't post a lot about boxing b/c I don't have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. It seems that Eastern Europeans have a higher rate of success than other Europeans in boxing...Am I correct? This stereotype isn't ALWAYS true, but the Eastern Euros seem to have the strongest chins and along with the Scandinavians are the strongest Europeans.

It's great to see the success of so many white boxers. The lower amount of white Americans becoming champions in boxing in the 70s, 80s and 90s may have been due to whites lacking confidence and believing that the black athlete was superior in the sport to them. Now with some great Eastern Euros bringing confidence (and a chip on their shoulder) and starting to dominate- it created a revival in confidence for white boxers.

Out of the non Eastern Euro boxers, Joe Calzaghe strikes me as one of the all time greats of boxing. He was one of the most elusive and quick fighters. Most of the recent dominant white boxers have been Slavic boxers though.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white is right

Hall of Famer