Throat Slashing Gesture

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It was bad enough when the "gangstas" in sports tried to popularize the throat slashing gesture a few years ago. It was repugnant enough that even the NFL banned it. But now we have Bill Callahan, middle-aged white head coach of Nebraska, doing it toward an official during a game. A real class act that Billy Boy, who seems determined to bring the same kind of "speed" athletes to the Cornhuskers that Fisher DeBerry worships over at Air Force.

http://media.putfile.com/Callahan-throat-slash

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope they do something to punish him for acting in such a 3 year old, temper-tantrum manner. These guys are so pumped up on their own egos, they don't care what they do.

KG2422

Mentor
I read an article where he was quoted as saying that it was a gesture that he uses with children meaning he's had it up to here. After watching the video, I think he is a liar.

Spooge

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
I hope they do something to punish him for acting in
such a 3 year old, temper-tantrum manner. These guys are so pumped up
on their own egos, they don't care what they do.

I think it is quit the opposite. Coaches looking for more
speed are in effect sub conciously projecting themselves onto the
black man. They are mentally dismissing all that the white
man has done and could do if given the chance on the field while
supplanting their own kind with a " Superior" race. Almost
sounds like inverted aryanism.

Gary

Mentor
At one time I lived near North Platte, Nebraska and remember how the Big Red used to blow teams away with Tom Osborne as Head Coach and Big, Strong White guys playing the line and RUNNING THE BALL. Now the Huskers are just an average team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Spooge, you made my point. How many afro-egos do we see in college and the NFL now? A bunch, and he is acting just like them. You would have never seen Vince Lombardy do something like that back in the 60's. It is directly due to the influence of blacks on the sport.