this kid is fast

backrow

Hall of Famer
and he's already 6'4" and 208 lbs... is he going to play wr for Florida?

well he is listed as an athlete... this means that he played numerous positions in high school (typically more then two).. so it will be up to the coaches as to what to do with him.....

He is THE FASTEST guy that i could find ,black or white,of all prospects and i dug pretty deep

if he has good eye hand cordnation he will probable play WR.. if not then maybe CB assumming the coach has nothing aginst white athletes... but hes just too fast to ignore, he will definatly be the fastest guy on Flordias team; and of course hes tall.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Well, Meyer being the former coach of Utah might consider playing him at CB (almost unheard of at Florida nowadays) but I think they're leaning toward using him at WR. Either way, he is a supreme athlete who with a good college career could make some noise at the next level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We could hear a lot from him as WR, but Florida has been coal black at that position for a long time. I know they've had a couple of white WR's since the mid 90's, but I can't think of any.

well the bottom line has to be that hes 6'4'' and faster then Reggie Bush... hes only 208 pounds but then agin hes also not even a freshman yet; need i say more

REDNOSE

Guru
Florida has had two white wide recievers that played during Spurrier's rein. They were Chris Doering and Travis McGriff, which were both the QB's favorite targets and number one reciever. Chris has been yanked around in the pros for about 10 years now and McGriff was drafted by the Broncos but I believe is now out of the league. Hopefully this new kid can bring some whiteness back to the program and provide up and coming players an athletic white role model to immulate.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Doering and McGriff started for Spurrier, but had to go through Caste System torture to get there. Both were Florida high school stars who were forced to become walk-ons because none of the big three Florida programs offered them a scholarship. Doering went from the bottom of the depth chart to finally starting midway through his junior year. His senior year he smashed various SEC records (and then was totally jerked around by the NFL). McGriff didn't start until he was a fifth year senior, and like Doering he tore it up when given a chance (and then also was totally jerked around by the NFL).

We'll find out if Urban Meyer has completely converted to the Caste System or not by the way he uses Cooper.

sunshine

Mentor
I would be surprised if he suits up for Florida. He is a premium baseball prospect and probably will be drafted high--first or early second round.

REDNOSE

Guru
Don is right on the money about the Doering and McGriff. I believe they both played their high school ball in Gainesville and starred but were totally ignored by everyone of the major college programs. If not for their lifelong dream of being Gators, they would have probably slipped through the cracks and never seen from again. They both are exremely nice and humble guys. Doering was buddies with Shayne Edge(punter) from my home town and visited from time to time.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I remember both of those guys now that you mentioned their names. Maybe Meyer will give this kid a legitimate chance to start. I know the best receiver at Utah this year was white, and Meyer recruited him. Most Utah receivers are white, even though they also had a black receiver that was used quite a bit. Only problem is, now Meyer is in Florida, where there are a whole lot more blacks to pick from. When you consider that most Southern states have 50/50 or majority black public school systems.

REDNOSE

Guru
That's true about there being much more blacks to choose from in the South. The caste system is much stronger in the South as well. I was never fast enough to play rb,db or wr, but some of my friends were. Most of the skill positions were filled with black athletes with no competition from our white guys. The same guys that were runningbacks and recievers inpop warneras kids were our skill guys in high school. I believe thats the reason for the lack of whites in these segregated positions in college and the pros. The blacks are systematically plucked and put in these positions at a young age and end up blossoming into the stars that everyone talks about. I believe there are a few reasons for this. One is the brainwashing effect of the caste system. Another is the fact that many blacks tend to develop much quicker.The last reason is that many blacks in grade school are held back and are a year or two older. These advantages are many times overlooked and chalked up to the myth of black athletic superiority and thewhite athlete's potential is often times never realized.

Sorry about the rambling. Many thoughts and opinions not worded or communicated overly well. Could write more but would be an essay.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
REDNOSE said:
That's true about there being much more blacks to choose from in the South. The caste system is much stronger in the South as well. I was never fast enough to play rb,db or wr, but some of my friends were. Most of the skill positions were filled with black athletes with no competition from our white guys. The same guys that were runningbacks and recievers in pop warner as kids were our skill guys in high school. I believe thats the reason for the lack of whites in these segregated positions in college and the pros. The blacks are systematically plucked and put in these positions at a young age and end up blossoming into the stars that everyone talks about. I believe there are a few reasons for this. One is the brainwashing effect of the caste system. Another is the fact that many blacks tend to develop much quicker. The last reason is that many blacks in grade school are held back and are a year or two older.  These advantages are many times overlooked and chalked up to the myth of black athletic superiority and the white athlete's potential is often times never realized.

Sorry about the rambling. Many thoughts and opinions not worded or communicated overly well. Could write more but would be an essay.

Sounded pretty good to me!
smiley32.gif

sunshine

Mentor
Word is he will play both baseball and football at Florida and not opt for the baseball draft. That said it seems baseball will be his destination since scouts are already comparing him to Braves Jeff Francoeur. Translated- don't expect him on the gridiron.

REDNOSE

Guru
OC-

Where did you see that Cooper is now wavering on his commitment to UF. That would be a major steal for Weis and Notre Dame!

Let's not forget Florida's great white All-American receiver, Sonny
Crockett, aka "The Funky *****".

JGNYC

This kid ison ESPN.com as committed to Florida. They also list him as a safety not wide receiver.