The Team From Australia

LabMan

Mentor
Last night,theMLB channel televised a game between The Seattle Mariners and the world team from Australia,the game took place in Arizona.The expected gushing about Ken Griffeys return to Seattle took place for most of the contest,but the real story was that the Australian team beat the Mariners by a score of 11to9.

The Aussie team featured 9 White starters who gave a clinic on how the game should be played,their first baseman went 6for6 and drove in six runs,the heavily multicultural Mariners were clearly outplayed,the multicultural broadcast team were very low keyed about the performance of the Australian players.

It was clearly,in my mind,more evidence of White co-operation,great fundamentals,and love of the game,I wish this team the best in this competition,along with Canadas team,which is also a breath of fresh air,and I'm sure the team from Italy will be much the same.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear. Go Aussies and Canucks! Keep "overachieving"!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Are the two non whites aboriginals?

j41181

Master
I'm not surprised Australia WHOOPED an MLB team. Baseball is nothing like basketball, anybody can beat any body in baseball. The announcers should have given more respect to the Aussies triumph. An all-white team can beat anybody, regardless of what sport.

LabMan

Mentor
The "big lie"was exposed again last night,no,non-Whites do not play the game of baseball better than White players.The all White Australian baseball team crushed a Mexican team loaded with players from both the National and American leagues in the U.S.,the final score was 17-7,and the 10 run mercy rule was applied,so the game ended with the ninth inning not being played.

The Aussies pounded out 22 hits,setting a record for the World baseball Classic.Craig Anderson started for the Australians,and we were told early and often about his losing record at all levels,broadcasters Charlie Steiner and Jose Mota said that Mexico's starter,Oliver Perez suffered from a case of "opening night jitters"!His well known control problems were not mentioned.

The Blazing bats of the Australians would chase Perez early,as they hit two home runs in the first inning.The hits kept coming as the Australians showed solid pitch selection,and patience at the plate,along with the ability to hit to the opposite field.The Mexican pitchers used several brushback pitches in the late innings but this seemed to light a renewed spark in the Aussie players,this will be a fun team to watch for the rest of the series.Edited by: LabMan

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I don't believe the Aussies had one hitter in their lineup who currently plays in the majors. 22 hits is quite impressive and hopefully some of these guys my get a chance after this tourney is over. They have to be opening some eyes.
smiley32.gif

LabMan

Mentor
Australia loses to Cuba 5to4,a well played game,only one real mistake,a hanging curve ball out over the plate to a Cuban pinch hitter resulting in a homerun.The Aussies were held to 6 hits last night ,with second base man James Beresford getting two of them,this 20 year old player was one of the heros of game one.

Beresford was unable to lay a bunt down in the 8th inning to move a runner over,thenhit into a double play,threemore Aussie players hit by pitches,that makes 6 in two games and they are getting tired of it,look for Aussie pitchers to "pitch inside"in gamethree.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The WBC like a lot of tournaments have exposed a lot of the top teams and their talent. The "embarassing" loss of the Dominican team to Holland (twice) has shown that the talent gap in baseball isn't as wide as many pro scouts think. When will the announcers state the obvious that the Emperor has no clothes.....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

LabMan

Mentor
The Australians were beaten and eliminated last night,the score 16 to 1.The Mexican team was again loaded with major leaguers,the Aussies made a very good showing,and played all games with a lot of class,my opinion is that this is very good double A team.

Australia has experienced racial conflict as have many other countries,they seemed to be making the statement with this team that said,we will field the type of team that "we"want racially,and not bow at the alter of diversity,perhaps they will increase efforts to point the population of their country in the same direction.

The bottom line for me is,if this team was located in my city,I would buy season tickets.