The Slavs 34, the Blacks 0

referendum

Mentor
In totalling up the records of the premier white heavyweights, Klitscko, Ibragimov, Maskeav, Valuev, Chagaev, Virchis and Povetkin, I have found an amazing stat. Since Oct. 2 2004 these warriors have a combined record of about 34-0 against black opponents. (the 34 number is a close estimate because I wasn't sure of the race of a couple opponents). Leading the charge have been the deadly trio of Klitscko, Ibragimov and Valuev, with records of about 6 or 7-0. Admittedly, I've cherry picked a few things, such as leaving out Liakachev (thereby elimating his weird loss to Briggs in 2006), and starting in Oct 2004 thereby avoiding a couple Klitscko and Maskeav losses from before then.
Still, this is truly an amazing record, with defeated opponents ranging from formerly top ranked US black boxers such as Byrd, Brock, and Austin, to Nigerians such as Friday Ahunaya and Samuel Peter.
I do have some concern however, that Samuel Peter will defeat Maskaev, but after him he must get past Vitali Klitscko and Vladimir Virchis.
Some other upcoming white vs black showdowns include Povetkin vs Chambers and possibly Thompson vs. someone as he is the mandatory challenger in Ibragimovs belt.
Lets hope the winning continues.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Interesting compilation of statistics, referendum. I'd have liked to see the numbers with all the premier heavy weights, though, including Lyakhovich, even if it throws off the perfect zero for blacks. The best stats are the ones we can use to dismantle caste arguments, and I know guys who would immediately cite the losses you mentioned. There is nothing wrong with a 38-4, or 40-8 record, or whatever it might have been. Those are still results you can't argue with.

Hockaday

Guru
Yeah, especially since back in the bad old days (I was there, friends, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty) the record would be the other way around. These are some good times.