The need to have west europeon heavys

web toughguy

Hello everyone the current domination of the eastern block heavys has provern that whites can fight but among the consensus of the general population of the west is that blacks are better because of the hype around the heavyweights like ali and lennox lewis.What we need is a top west europeon fighter so it proves once and for all that we can fight because the media couldnt ignore a heavy with kelly pavliks talent or could they if its in there [own} country.

freedom1

Mentor
Yes, there really is something to this. When guys like Tommy Morrison and Gerry Cooney even got close they received all kinds of press, whereas the Klitschko brothers are relatively unknown to the western consciousness.

web toughguy

Thats it the white man who fights in the west will get some form of ptestige in his own country im from england and the likes of hatton and calzaghe are well known but are constantly run down by our press as lucky or overrated compared to their negro superheros. I think the reason for lack of top level western white guys in the heavyweights is that in places like england there is to much emphasis on being civilized and not any on the benifits of sporting achievment and the real tough guys are stupid or drinking or in the prison system.There used to be guys like tom cribb and james j corbett now english and american heavys are looked at as jokes untill there is another top western heavy the media will not change there biased opinion of white fighters or include [foreighn] heavys like the russians but droll over the fine contributers to humanity like the racist ali or the illiterate tyson

Sean

Mentor
There are some good up and coming Western Euro heavies. Kober, Dettweiler, Kretschmer in Germany, Pianeta in Italy, Duhauppas in France, Millarvie in Scotland, and more I can't think of right now.

There are some good ones in the upcoming olympics too. Price from England is a big guy and one of the early favorites I've heard. I've also heard he's considering going pro after the olympics.

web toughguy

You are right sean kober by all accounts has potential price is a top amuteur at the moment. Ian millarvie is talented i know this because when i used to box i heard from people who spared him that he could fight his manager says he can go all the way but dont they all say that. I hope im wrong about my observation of the western white fellas and they do as well as there eastern cousins and if they dont then i will take pride in the russians even if the media ignore them funnily enough one of the only times i have seen wladimir klitchko in the media in england was when he lost to corrie sanders so i dont think the media would be so silent of these tough white guys if they were losing to suit there agenda but the powers that be dont like them because they dont fit into what the media propaganda machine of the black super athlete. Its pretty difficult to be the negro superman when a white boy with a phd has just knocked you out