Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the current white starters for the 2005 season.

Offense

QB-Tye Gunn

WR(H)-Ryan Pearson

TE-Chad Andrus

LT-Michael Toudouze

LG-Shane Sims

C-Stephen Culp

RG-Ben Angeley

Defense

DT-Jared Kesler

MLB-Andrew Ward

LE-Jessie Hejny
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like 3 white guys on TCU's defense instead of 2, and one Mexican. I think the new white player is LE Jessie Hejny. Just thought I'd add that.

Albion White

I always did like TCU. Something about their unique mascot and color schemes. A lot of teams use purple and white or purple and silver but TCU is one of the few that uses purple and silver.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
These guys play here in Provo against BYU tomorrow. Look for the matchup between TCU WR Ryan Pearson and BYU CB's Nate Soelberg, depending on which side of the field they put him on. Also watch for BYU TE Johnny Harline who will be back close to 100% this week. I will be there in force, pulling for the Cougars.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
So much for TCU having an all black defense. They have 3 white starters, coach DeBerry!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Col. Reb, are those three guys still starting or is that the depth chart from the beginning of the season? Starters often change over the course of a season because of injuries and demotions. I was looking forTCU's current depth chart, do you have a link for it? The only one I could find was a from a preview of the '05 team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here is the place to look.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tcu/sports/m-foo tbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

Here is what the official gameday book from TCU has for defensive starters, game by game. These are the whites.
Defense
NT-Jared Kesler-Games 1-6 Hurt his knee in the Wyoming game and is just now starting again.
DE-Chase Ortiz-All Year
LB-Jason Phillips-All Year
FS-Elvis Gallegos-Game 5

So there were 2 whites that started on defense against Air Force. Most of the year, there have been 3. There were 4 in game 5.

According to the same report, the white starters heading into this week's game against San Diego State were: Ortiz, Kesler coming back, and Phillips.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did no one in the national media know this, or was it ignored deliberately? This should really open some eyes as to how the media works.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think its deliberate, Don. I was just listening to some *&$% pukeface on the radio when I was riding around a little while ago, and he was saying "in the year 20-05 blacks below the Mason-Dixon line have to be 10% better than whites in order to get a scholarship." He has it bass-ackwards! Whites have to be twice as good as blacks to get a decent look. Man, this DeBerry stuff has taken on a life of its own, and we will see the effects of it soon, I think. It is driving me crazy, now everyone is talking openly about how blacks can supposedly jump better and run faster than whites in most cases! I'm about to lose it!
smiley7.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley34.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's also another indication that people are fascinated by race and really want to talk about it, even if the media has a "party line" that no one challenges without being punished. DeBerry's comments and the way the media handled it has most likely drivensome more people this way. Sooner or later there will be genuine "diversity" when it comes to discussing race rather than the totalitarianism we have now.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's a good point. It will drive people here, but I think it is sick to hear so many say this crap about black athletic superiority. Man, I thought I was escaping it by leaving the SEC, and now it follows me out here, in the form of an anti-white coach and the newest and blackest team in the MWC. It really is pitiful.