Team Iran

G

Iranians are White, although a bit tanner than the average European. They are not even Arabic or Semitic, they are Persian and fully Caucasian/Aryan, ethnically speaking.

I know that most of us have been raised to hate and despise Iran, because of the Carter hostage crisis a generation ago, and their current quest for nuclear power and their threat to Israel, which our President has threatened war over.

But I think we are on the verge of repeating the great historical mistake that Whites have consistently made: wars of religion that only serve to decimate the White race. Generations ago, it was Protestant vs Catholic, today it is Christian vs Islamic. I say lets stop this silliness. These Iranians are our brothers and we should root for them as such.

Today, the Iranians shocked the basketball world by beating Serbia 72-70. They were led by their 7'2 "Gentle Giant" center, Hamed Ehadadi, who played all 40 minutes, and played a monster game with 20 points, 20 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

Only 22 years old, Ehadadi seems an exceedingly likable fellow based on an interview done a few months ago. In the interview, he said,

"My next dream is to play in the NBA. It's everybody basketball players' dream to do so. But all other dreams are put on hold. For now, my only goal is to contribute my best to the Iranian National Team in the Olympics.

"I have worked hard for everything in my life. When I started in Ahvaz, I couldn't even find shoes my size. I would feel very embarrassed when my friends would mock me at my height. But today things have changed, all thanks to basketball. Initially I didn't even know what basketball was. I first thought I will become a goalkeeper in basketball, because I thought it was like football. It's all like a dream.

"From where I started, I couldn't even dream that I would come this far. Let alone playing the Olympics, playing for Iran team itself was incredible for me. Now, this entry into the Olympics has changed my entire life. It's a great opportunity to play against some of the best teams in the world. Personally, I would have loved to play against the United States, which comprises the best players in the world. I hope we do well enough to play them in the advance stages."

Good for him, and I hope the Iranians do well in their pool. Russia and Croatia are looking like the weak sisters of Group A, and if Iran can pull off a couple upsets, maybe he will get his dream of playing the US side. If he keeps up these monster games, we can be sure to see him in an NBA uniform.
Edited by: 89Glory

guest301

Hall of Famer
You write a nice and convincing post as usual and most here will probably agree with you on this one. But I don't,the Iranians(goverment, troops and terrorists) are no brothers of mine. I have nothing against their athletes and so if they have any success against certain black dominated teams, I might be a little happy for them. I still will root for the USA against them, the propaganda victory for the Iranians if they get even within twenty points of the Americans will be embarassing. I hate our so-called dream team and hope they lose every game unless on the unlikely chance they play Iran.

G

Incredibly, there will be no semi-black teams for Iran to play. Their pool is entirely white (Argentina, Australia, Lithuania, Russia, and Croatia). As far as I can tell, there are only three non-white players in the whole group, two for Australia, and one for Russia. Strangely enough, the non-white for Russia is a 6'1 black American PG from Pittsburgh who graduated with a business degree from Bucknell and doesn't speak a word of Russian! Yeah, weird.

Group B is definitely the "group of color", with totally non-white squads playing for China, Angola, and USA, and even a couple blacks playing for Germany and one for Greece. Spain is the only all-white team in the group.

With the exception of USA, every non-White team is expected to get knocked out by pool play. Angola, China, and Iran will be lucky to win 1 game between them. White basketball will be totally dominant in the playoff rounds, the USA All-Blacks surrounded by a sea of white...
smiley32.gif

If there are upsets this Olympics, I wouldn't mind seeing Iran do them. Propaganda value be damned, I like the Iranian people and I think the victory would be all theirs, not their government's.Edited by: 89Glory

white is right

Hall of Famer
I suspect all of the Iranians on the team are Caucasian, but Iran has some people that are Eurasian. They are descendants of intermarriage between ancient Persians and Mongolian invaders in the 12th century AD.Edited by: white is right

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don't be too suprised if China wins a couple of games with Yao and Yi leading the way. They also will have the advantage of a very partisan home crowd and the communist goverment in China would have no problem buying off a referee or two if they thought they could get away with it. I think we will see a very different China after these Olympics are over. They will be far more aggressive and willing to use their military. Taiwan should be very wary. But that's for another forum.

G

I had Chinese people I knew ten years ago telling me this was going to be the Chinese century. They do sincerely believe they are going to steam-roller the world.

The Chinese basketball team is in the nightmare pool, though. They will have a very hard time winning a game against USA, Germany, Greece, or Spain. One victory against Angola won't get them out of pool play.

They just got roughed up by Australia in a pre-Olympic friendly. I don't expect much from them basketball wise.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I don't expect them to do well but I won't be shocked if they maybe beat Greece and Angola. They have a big frontline and a very partisan home crowd. They have a chance because of the venue and because shenanigans at the Olympics can and has happened before. You are right though, that group as they call it in soccer appears to be the "group of death".Edited by: guest301

foobar75

Master
On a completely different note, I wonder if I may request that we stop referring to Team USA as "All-Blacks". It's an insult to the the one and only All Blacks that we all know of, and that is the New Zealand National Rugby Team. And interestingly enough, I do not believe they have a single black guy on that team, although there's a decent representation of Pacific Islanders.
smiley1.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I understand your concern there and I am very aware of the "All-Blacks" in New Zealand. I am sure no slight was intended by those using the term here.

KG2422

Mentor
How about the coal blacks? I hope the All Blacks and the Tall Blacks have played well as of late. Most people in the U.S. don't follow rugby but I understand where you are coming from. Rugby is the national sport in New Zealand right? I'm just learning the game. It's pretty darn cool.