Support Klitschko tonight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I know it's not football but excuse me for this post.We have one of our white brothers fighting tonight in the biggest match of his career.Wladimir Klitschko who is 44-3 with 41 knockouts is fighting Samuel Peter (Nigerian Nightmare)25-0.Who ever wins this fight gets the next title shot.Let's support him.The fight is on HBO.This is just as huge as any football game.Thanks guys.
smiley32.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The fight is free, too.

IMO this fight is more important than any football game. And Vitali's fight against Rahman, too.

If either of the K2 lose, I think it will be a huge setback in the deconstruction of the myth of black superiority. It will reinforce in the public's mind the image that white men cannot fight, and win, against the dominate black male.

I don't want to hype and exaggerate the meaningfulness of a sporting event to the population at large, but I think the outcome of these two fights can have a great impact on the psyche of white people, and especially, white men.

Kaptain

Master
I can't wait. I'll be watching. Thanks for the heads-up WL. I had no idea it was on HBO for free.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just made the wager via the internet.Wish me luck guys.I am more concerned about the Klitschko Brothers both winning.As White Shogun said,these fights are as important to us as it is to them.I know it is a politically incorrect thing to say but tonight,I want to see white power.lol.Go Wladimir in a huge knockout!!
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
I hope all White men watching will focus their collective will on victory for Wlad.

I hope the Holy Powers our tribe once knew will remember us, even if most don't remember then. May Wlad's fist be as the hammer of Thor, and win for our people.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I hope the Holy Powers our tribe once knew will remember us, even if most don't remember then. May Wlad's fist be as the hammer of Thor, and win for our people

Amen.

I don't know what else to say to add my support to your words, WS.

Your small quote was much more moving to me than to say, "May God bless Wladimir Klitschko in his fight tonight," or anything else along those lines.

Sometimes I do wonder if this is some spirit of our elders left within us.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
May Wlad also be like the old Iron Curtain with the Iron Fist.I want to see him destroy this guy.Peter has said that he will kill both Klitschko brothers in the same year.We shall see about that.I feel good about this.If only we could all watch the fight somewhere at the same time.That would be great.Go Klitschko by KO.

White_Savage

Mentor
I have not telivision tonight. I would appreciate anyone who may be online giving word of how the fight is going.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
East Side Boxing is obviously a fevered Caste System outlet. They already have the feature headline: "Klitschko Wins Undeserved Decision Over Peter!"

What fight were they watching? Klitschko landed over twice as many punches. Peter's only strategy was to land one big knockout punch. All he landed was back of the head shots.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I know Wlad won the fight.

But its almost embarrassing that he had to win by decision. Samuel Peter has no boxing skill at all. If he fights a heavyweight who isn't afraid of him, he is going to get killed. Vitali would have knocked him out.

Wlad threw and landed many more punches than Peter. But throwing 2 when the other guy throws 1 isn't enough. I believe if Wlad had thrown more than 1-2 punch combinations the fight would have been much shorter. He would have knocked Peter out.

Without hitting to the back of the head, Peter would have not hurt Wladimir at all. But likewise, once Wlad knew the referee was not going to call those punches, he should have avoided turning his back so much to Peter. There was one point in the round when Wlad was leaning forward over the ropes, back to Peter. I'm actually surprised that Peter didn't go after him then.

And one more thing - HBO did their very best to make us like Sam Peter. Despite saying how he grew up middle class in Nigeria, they still found a way to show all the dirt covered roads with kids herding cows down the lane. They told how he had to make the toughest decision of his life, to give up being an engineer in Nigera to move to the United States to become a professional fighter. Yeah! That was a tough decision!! They showed him playing around with his kids, blah blah blah
smiley11.gif
Of course they never mentioned any of Wlad's charitable work or anything about him, really. I guess boxing fans know all that already, right?

The truth is, we cannot hang our hopes on Wladimir Klitschko to change the heavyweight division. It will have rest on Vitali's broad shoulders, or some other up and coming Eastern European fighter.

If anyone disagrees, please, convince me.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Eastside boxing is no longer running that headline.

I may have to watch the fight again. All the articles I've read that have been posted since the end of the fight are all aglow with praise for both fighters:

- Wlad's chin and stamina are no longer suspect;
- Samuel Peter is an electrifying boxer and will go on to have great success in the heavyweight division;
- the fight was everything could have asked for, in the classic matchup of boxer v puncher;
- blah blah blah.

What did you think of the fight? Exciting? Good matchup?

Or not.

White_Savage

Mentor
White Shogun said:
I know Wlad won the fight.

Without hitting to the back of the head, Peter would have not hurt Wladimir at all. But likewise, once Wlad knew the referee was not going to call those punches, he should have avoided turning his back so much to Peter. There was one point in the round when Wlad was leaning forward over the ropes, back to Peter. I'm actually surprised that Peter didn't go after him then.

The truth is, we cannot hang our hopes on Wladimir Klitschko to change the heavyweight division. It will have rest on Vitali's broad shoulders, or some other up and coming Eastern European fighter.

If anyone disagrees, please, convince me.
smiley5.gif

Well Cassius Clay got to be the "greatest" by being a track star, now didn't he?

Of course, the media won't do that for a White man, nor will honest men like you and me worship a fighter who gets on his bicycle.

However, a W is still a W. Maybe the victory will give Wlad the confidence to hammer his opponent in the next fight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A win is a win.I probably jinxed him.Wlad did get on his bike and move around alot but that is how Steward trained him.He was told to stay on the outside and out box him.The 2 knockdowns in the middle rounds were a joke.That hit in the back of the head would knock down just about anyone.He took a while to recover fully hence the 2nd knockdown.The punch in the 10th round i.m.o. was clean.It should have been one knockdown.Wlad dominated the fight despite the bad points.I do agree with White Shogun in that he was too tentative.Klitschko should have went after him more.The bottom line though is that he won and that's what champions do.Congrats on a hard fought fight.He showed heart and courage.He will go on to knock out Ruiz.I'm 100% positive of that.

Kaptain

Master
I agree that Vlad needs to develop a killer instinct and go for a knockout when he has a guy hurt and he did have Peter hurt several times. I think he has been trained to run and outpoint people by Stewart and its hurting him at this point. Heavyweights have to knockout guys when they can otherwise they may get KOed later in the fight. Remember though that this was the great black hope and Vlad clearly beat him.

Ido think that the problem with Vlad is not his chin but its his legs. He really didn't get hit in any of the "so-called knockdowns". They were mostly just push-downs and wiery legs. I think he is running too much and wearing his legs out. Even Ali took a breather on the ropes from time to time. Vlad is big heavyweight at 6'6" - Emmanuel Stewart is asking too much from him - a big body like that can't just keep dancing around without getting tired. I would like to see him return to punching like his brother does and less dancing. Anyways it was good to see him dispatch the next great black hope.

PS. The commentary on this fight was laughable. Lederman seemed very upset that Vlad won and kept complaining about his holding. Funny I don't remember much complaining about Ali's holding or the tons of black fighters that have followed who styled their fighting after Ali. Thank god Larry Merchant was there to set the record straight. He didn't let Lederman get away with his Vlad-hating comments.

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, I'm glad I can be sure all the members HERE were sending positive energy Wlad's way.

I can't say the same thing about everyone else. Logging on to boxing chats and forae to check on the fight (until my phone line also went, halfway through it), I can tell you that you just can't imagine the the amount of hate people feel towards the Klitschko's. And the law of averages declare that most of these people must be White. I just don't understand it.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I didn't say Klitschko was on his bicycle; I think White Lightning described it best - Wlad was just too tentative. That was the main point I wanted to make. Too bad I didn't think of that word when I wrote my own post.
smiley36.gif

I do agree that a W is a W. I don't care how WK won, at least he won. I can already imagine the sickening praise and man-love that would have been heaped on Sam Peter if he had managed to pull of the win. Honestly, I wasn't even 100% certain that they would even give the DECISION to WK, knowing the current state of boxing. Three knockdowns, 1 or 2 rounds the other way and they could have given the D to Sam Peter.
smiley5.gif

I agree that he should be able to finish J. Ruiz or Chris Byrd, either way.

G

Wlad fought a perfect fight in my mind. He had to fight at least
somewhat tentative when going up against a homerun puncher. He
exercised his demons--you could see it happen in the 6th round.
Absolutely perfect fight.

JD074

Master
If you get inside his head a little bit, and rewind to the Sanders and Brewster fights, I think it's perfectly understandable that he's a cautious fighter at this point. Also, he was a "tactician" fighting against a much less skilled fighter, but who can hit hard, so it made sense to try and out-score him, and not take any big risks trying to finish him. Of course a KO is best (especially when you're white and fighting against a black,) but given his history and Peter's punching power, I don't think it was a bad strategy. He did what he had to do, and except for the tired legs that KP mentioned, and the hits to the back of the head, he executed his plan very well.

This may be just the beginning for him. We'll see. Edited by: JD074