Sunday, Dec. 11

backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Jeremy Shockey , TE Giants: huge game by Jeremy, 10 catches for 107 yards, longest catch was 28 yards, that gives him 840 yards on the season and with 3 games to go and only 160 yards between him and magical 1000 yards bareer i think he will get it...
Manning looked his way even more than stats indicate, overthrowing once for an INT and having several other wobbly passes that didn't get to Shockey (he also dropped one) which is a shame because it would have been career best both in catches (11) and yards (127)

Joe Jurevicius, WR Seahawks: 4 catches for 63 yards and TD... he makes catches even when he's covered, what a great receiver (as Fox play-by-play guys noticed, Seahawks are 8-0 since Joe is starting!) he was also robbed of second TD catch- which was another beauty after he wrestled it out of defenders grip- by a weird call on ref's part

Jason Witten, TE Cowboys: 7 catches for 93 yards including 26 yards catch for a TD

Dan Campbell, TE Cowboys: game winning 1 yard TD catch

Tony Gonzalez; TE Chiefs: 5 catches for 94 yards

Steven Heiden, TE Browns: 3 catches for 27 yards, TD

Ricky Proehl, WR Panthers: 3 for 36 including 10 yarder for a TD

Christian Fauria, TE Patriots: 2 for 8 and a TD

Todd Heap, TE Ravens: 5 catches for 65 yards

Adam Bergen, TE Cardinals: 3-41 yards

Defense

Chris Hovan, NT Bucs: 5 tackles, including 1 tackle for loss and another 2 for no gain, huge in run stopping vs good Panthers' backs like Foster and Davis

Dan Morgan, MLB Panthers: 6 solo tackles in first game after injury

Todd Johnson, FS Bears: 7 tackles in his first start this season

Brian Urlacher, MLB Bears: 10 tackles, tied for game lead

Justin Smith, DE Bengals: 2 tackles and 0.5 sack

Aaron Schobel, DE Bills: 4 tackles and a sack

Tim Anderson, DT Bills: 5 tackles

Ben Taylor, MLB Browns: 6 tackles, again team leading

Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Titans: 3 tackles, 2 sacks

Travis LaBoy, DE Titans: 3 tackles, 0.5 sack

Peter Sirmon, OLB Titans: 3 tackles, 0.5 sack

Stuart Schweigert, FS Raiders: 6 tackles, 5 solo

Adam Archuleta, SS Rams: 4 tackles after his return from the concussion

Lofa Tatupu, MLB Seahawks: another great game by this athletic rookie- 3 tackles, sack, interception and recovered fumble

Zach Thomas, MLB Dolphins: 9 tackles game high and an interception

Derek M. Smith, MLB 49ers: 8 solo tackles, game high

Scott Shanle, MLB Cowboys: 6 tackles, team high

Scott Fujita, OLB Cowboys: 4 tackles plus a forced fumble on the sack

John Lynch, FS Broncos: 2 tackles he also forced a fumble and had one pass broken up

Jared Allen, DE Chiefs: 5 solo tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble

Overlooked... again

Brandon Stokley and Dallas Clark, Colts: Clark had two catches for 14 yards... Brandon was yet again catchless... nice phasing out of those two

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: 3 for 28... with Gerard being on a lookout for Gerard's stats and with run his first option Matt might not see 3 balls from now till the end of the season...

Heath Evans, FB Patriots...

Dan Kreider, FB Steelers: 1 catch for 5 yards and 1 carry for 12 yards... but that was his only carry of the day...

Heath MIller, TE Pittsburgh: no catches for this great young TE

Drew Bennett, WR Titans: 2 catches for... 15 yards... thanks Steve

Kevin Curtis, WR Rams: 2 catches for 13 yards...

Wes Welker, WR Dolphins: no catches

Doug Flutie played a bit for Patriots
smiley32.gif
good to see this guy is still alive and kickin'

TO BE UPDATEDEdited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I never even saw Matt Jones on the field during the times I watched the Jags-Colts game. With center Brad Meester out for the season, TE Kyle Brady was the only white Jag out of 22 most of the time.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I never even saw Matt Jones on the field during the times I watched the Jags-Colts game.

Same with me Don. I tuned in several times but never saw a glimpse of him. Welker has been doing well returning kicks for Miami, but doesn't get a shot at catching passes. What happened to Tim Dwight?

I have a theory. Afew weeks ago, we had a banner day for several of our favorite white players.A quota of some sort much have been exceeded so now these fellows will be spending more time on thesidelines for the remainder of the season.

Spooge

Guru
I did not see Matt Jones during the game. Jack ASS son v i
lle super sucks with Del Rio calling the shots. Another
seanson were they will be watching the playoffs from in front of
the fire.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Reserve tight - end Dan Campbell caught the winning TD for Dallas with 22 secs. left on the clock. He hasn't played much and it was his first score of the year. Interestingly, he didn't beat his chest or do a silly dance. For a moment it looked like he would possibly spike the ball but he didn't even do that. Kind of refreshing.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah Dallas TEs are getting some love from Bledsoe, so is Shockey in NY, seems like manning will push him over 1k mark... other than Gates, all the rest of great pass catching TEs are white or mixed like Tony G
smiley2.gif

whiteCB

Master
A few observations:
Stuart Schweigert looks like a future All Pro to me.
Vanden Boush better make the Pro Bowl he is just having a great year.
Good to see former Buckeye DT Tim Anderson break the starting line up for the Bills and doing well. This guy was a former high school state champ at wrestling so he knows all about leverage.
John Lynch was a bad cut for the Bucs as he just might be the next Darrell Green playing DB till he's 40.

backrow

Hall of Famer
just look at two white guys that Bucs let go (not mentioning Brad Johnson here who was suppose to be washed up as well): Joe Jurevicuis who would have over 1000 yards if he was allowed to start and is having a monster season as well, and John Lynch who is a great leader of that Bronco defense...
i can just imagine Galloway and Jurevicius tearing the league apart
smiley1.gif

speedster

Mentor
Dan Campbell really does play a lot.He is used on plenty of short yardage situations like the Cows goal-line offfence,he lines up in the backfield as the FB in certain situations and since Dallas likes to use their two TE sets often,Campbell gets a lot snaps.Since Dallas usually opens the game with the two TE set Campbell has started almost every game this year.But he is not a pass-catcher,so it is nice to see a guy like Dan who does the dirty work get a bone.