Some thoughts on boxing, soccer, and football

I should start by saying that I'm not the biggest NFL fan, in fact I don't think I've ever actually sat down and watched an NFL season game. I am however, keenly aware of the rules of the game and I sometimes watch the Super Bowl. I also occasionally browse the NFL forum here on castefootball, and every year I skim over the posts in this forum it seems that white players are consistently being screwed by this league. From occasionally reading this forum, I get the notion that there exists within the NFL a systematic process of discrimination against white athletes, who are habitually rejected by the NFL and replaced by black athletes who are implied as being more athletic (even though statistics and on-field play frequently disprove this).

This discrimination of white athletes can be explained in a socio-cultural sense but what permits discrimination against qualified players in the NFL is that there is almost no incentive in the NFL for teams to actually win games, and because of that, the NFL should be defined as an entertainment more so than a sport. Teams have no incentive to win games so its not necessary to play the best players. Really there's not much difference between the NFL and Vince McMahon's WWE.

- Consider soccer. In all major European leagues such as the English Premier League, Bundesliga, Spanish Liga, Ligue 1, and Serie A there exists a promotion and relegation system within national leagues. Take the English Premier League which has 20 teams, and at the end of the season, the bottom 3 teams are relegated from the English Premier League into the English Second Division (known as The Championship). Obviously, a relegation greatly hurts the brand of the club and largely reduces the amount of cashflow and fan support the club is receiving. Thus, unlike the NFL, we can conclude that this system of promotion and relegation provides club owners with a large incentive to actually win matches and field teams with the best players.

Soccer, as a sport has remained remarkably white compared to NFL football. Countries like England, and France are pushing black soccer players but ultimately that approach has failed and part of the reason is the mechanism of promotion and relegation which ensures competitiveness.

- Consider boxing. Whites are probably the most successful race in boxing right now and have been for 7 or 8 years. 3 of the biggest names in boxing right now are white; Wladimir Klitschko, Gennady Golovkin, and Sergey Kovalev. Part of the reason why European whites are so successful in boxing is because the sport's nature necessitates competitiveness and the better man can always win the fight with a single punch.

Yes, there are biased newscasters and judges in boxing (much like the NFL) but one of the beauty's of boxing is that the boxer can completely control his own career's destiny. In the NFL you have scouts, and coaches rejecting white athletes but this isn't possible in boxing because boxers have a multitude of options for negotiating fights and boxers have the ability to end fights with a single punch. As I said, there's no hiding in boxing, the better athlete will almost always win the fight.

- In conclusion, because the NFL lacks any sort of mechanisms to ensure competitiveness, there is no real incentive for team owners to actually attempt to win matches. Thereby, this also removes the need for teams to field the best players. This sounds more like "sports entertainment" to me than an actual sport. What would make the NFL better, and less prone to discriminating against competent players, would be to introduce a promotion and relegation system.

I'd love to hear any comments or thoughts from NFL forum posters.

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Some excellent insights.

I do think the NFL lacks in competitiveness which makes it easier for teams to follow an anti-white, black supremacist policy.

Some excellent insights.

I do think the NFL lacks in competitiveness which makes it easier for teams to follow an anti-white, black supremacist policy.

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, the NFL lacks mechanisms in place to promote competitiveness. There is no reward for teams that win matches and there is no punishment for teams that lose matches, so the team owners don't really care if their team wins or loses. If you're a prospective NFL player this means that being the better player doesn't always matter because winning matches doesn't really matter. This enables the discrimination of competent (usually white) players at the expense of players who are deemed more marketable or more entertaining.

This is not how a sport functions and truthfully the NFL more closely resembles sports entertainment than a sport.

A promotion and relegation mechanism would largely correct this problem and works great in European soccer. It forces teams to experiment, play the best players, and ultimately provides a huge incentive to win matches. Teams that are relegated lose a lot of money and support so it is in the club owner's interest to play to win and choose the best players to achieve that.

The NFL Draft and NFL salary cap are designed to promote parity but in my opinion these measures also go against competitiveness and what a sport should have. It's another way of preventing teams from buying the best players. A transfer system as in place in European soccer is a better option IMO.