some talented young Chinamen

mastermulti

Master
their recent Nats (without their best athletes who already have qualifiers for Worlds) produced some very promising performers.

19 year old Li Jinzhe won the LJ in a PB 8.08 (about 26'6")
19 year old Su Bingtian won the 100 "in difficult conditions" 10.28 (-0.4)
(I must say, that's not too shabby for "a boy named Sue"
smiley36.gif
. Thank you Johnny Cash).
while Cao Shuo became the world's first 17 year old over 17 metres with his 17.13 (56'2") triple jump

I'm interested to see Chinese athletic developments in the next few decades. With 1.3 billion people , a growing middle class (who won't be in the fields cropping from sun up to sundown) that'll have time and money to spare and a government prepared to fund talents and perhaps "experiment" a little, I'd say a sub10 won't be too far away.Edited by: mastermulti

StarWars

Mentor
It is pretty well-acknowledged that white people are less athletic than black people, and asians are less atthletic than white people. I dont believe most of this, but I do know that the opinion of the public after an Asian sub 10 is that it is possible for any race. White people wont pretend to be inferior to Asians like they are to blacks. From then on a country's success in track will be through its popularity as a sport, and steroids obiously with the blacks. Although, I am growing suspicious of Japan because the athletes are looking a little too defined. Either way, I'd like an non black sub 10 no matter who it came from, but I'd prefer my boy Craig.
smiley17.gif
Edited by: StarWars

white is right

Hall of Famer
Also being fed properly if wages rise for all classes. I remember reading a Sports Illustrated story about a talented 400 meter runner who went to a behaviour modification camp in the 60's and came out crippled and malnourished.
smiley11.gif