shouldn’t white friendly teams do better?

referendum

Mentor
First off, let me say I love it when a mostly white team does well, such as BYU beating TCU, or Air Force almost beating Tennessee. I'm wondering why more college teams that put whites in the "skill" positions don't do better, since they are no longer limiting themselves, like caste teams do. Put another way, in the Basketball championship games we are seeing a caste limited team (the US) being defeated by European teams and Argentina, but it would be great to see a Wyoming, or an Air Force or a BYU contend not just for a spot in the top 25, but for the number one ranking. Or put another way, shouldn't a college which offers football scholarships to players on a color-blind basis rise to the top, being stocked with wave after wave of very good, overlooked by caste colleges, white players. I realize its happening somewhat with semi-white friendly teams like Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Ohio State doing well, but if anything teams with very high white player percentages should be doing better since they would have a huge talent pool to draw from, a talent pool much much bigger than the SEC is drawing from.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My theory is alot of the really good white players would rather go to the big name schools and play caste friendly positions rather than have a legitimate shot at starting at the position they excelled at in college.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
There aren't enough to make a difference.

Leonardfan said:
My theory is alot of the really good white players would rather go to the big name schools and play caste friendly positions rather than have a legitimate shot at starting at the position they excelled at in college.

I agree, most people don't know even think about or realize the existence of a caste system, and if there is a young guy out there who has the chance to play tight end at a big school instead of reciever I'm sure he would probably take it. In fact, I seem to recall a story regarding a white running back in the SEC, who refused to convert to any other position and thus had to go through a lot of adversity in order to keep playing RB.

KG2422

Mentor
Many of the best White football players from my area get so disgusted with how they are treated once they get to college they just decide it's not worth it. Also, most are not used to playing on the same team with many or any blacks and they don't seem to like it. Besides, the crowds at these smaller colleges that invite Whites to walk on are smaller than the crowds we play in front of in high school here in Texas. It's like going a step down. The examples I've seen of what I'm talking about mostly pertain to White running backs, dbs, and wide receivers.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i think there are multiple factors, a couple of which have already been mentioned.

first, most of the whiter-friendly schools mainly recruit local to their area. BYU and Utah don't sign a lot of guys from Iowa or Florida or Ohio. they mainly recruit from western kids, so they aren't specifically targetting the best white kids out there. additionally, the schools like Wyoming are hard to recruit to period. they are small, cold, and poorly funded. so many white kids simply aren't interested unless they're from the same region.

second, KG2422 hit on a good point. many white kids, when they realize the black-worshiping reality of big-time college football in the recruiting process, choose to not pursue college athletics at all. i've talked to several first-hand when i used to be a sports reporter. instead, they just go to school like a regular kid because they feel it's not worth the hassle.

third, when a kid does persevere and chase the dream, it is often futile. the player Sark referred to is Auburn's Tre Smith, and we know how they treated him.
smiley7.gif
very few coaches will give a legitimate chance to a white kid. it's as simple as that.

all those factors reduce the impact of white players at the college level, but i'd say that whiter-friendly schools are disproportionately successful to what they "should be" considering their difficulties. after all a white team should never be able to compete, much less win, against the uber afaleets. and you look at the hard times the service academies have in recruiting, and the fact that they ever win is very impressive.

you look at teams like Iowa, Ohio State, BYU, and Boise State, and you see how impressive they can be. maybe the tides they do be a changing.
smiley32.gif

voice

Guru
Jimmy

Have to agree with this..look at all the schools that recruit whites. They are from small population white states!

A lot of whites still live in black states so they are shoved out of playing at high school level by blacks who physically mature more quickly!!!

Read Rushton's "Race, evolution and behaviour" where it has literally thousands of studies measuring cognitive through to physical differences between racial groups.

I could write 250 more words explaining this to you down the minutest detail but walk through this yourself.

Whites get shut out at high school level because of racial characteristics and caste system so they don't get to mature as physical specimans or as football players.

BTW, another interesting thing just happened this year where DIII schools beat the DII school that beats the DI-AA school and the DI-AA beats DI-Colorado!

As Jimmy says, DIII is really only for the high IQ whites that are good(usually not great) high school players. Many great white players who are not recruited have to go to work, or State school /JC for monetary reasons.

Think about it..Utah, Boise, etc these are low population white states but they reason they recruit white is because the low level of ethnic minorities(as a % of population) in those states don't stop the white players from developing.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm glad you agree with me.
smiley2.gif

seriously, though, you are spot on. whites as a rule tend to physically mature later than blacks, and that may be a factor that i didn't mention. look at how many of the guys we follow didn't start playing football until relatively late in their adolescence, or are described by their coaches as "late bloomers."

SteveB

Mentor
I believe that the predominantly white teams don't do better is slotting during the recruiting process. For example, the top white linemen, tight ends, linebackers, and quarterbacks are going to be recruited by the powerhouse schools. The teams like the academies, midwest/western state schools, etc are not going to be able to recruit a five star QB or OL.

Just imagine how many yds receiving Mike Hass would have gotten if Matt Leinart was throwing him the ball? How many yards rushing Kyle Bell would have gotten if he was running behind Ohio State's offensive line?

whiteCB

Master
Good points SteveB. It's like white skill players suffer from going to a Boise St or BYU because those schools don't have the pick of the litter when it comes to white QBs and O-Linemen(because a Michigan or Florida already got them). So then you have the star white RB or WR playing at a Northwestern with players who are not as good as him and then they too suffer a little bit from that.