Sheffield

Bart

Hall of Famer
What a huge pain in the gluteus maximus. The clown has never been happy about his situation anywhere. A helluva disruptive influence in the locker room.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD =yspsctnhdln>Sheffield: 'I know who the leader is on the team'</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD height=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" ="block"></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>August 5, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Gary Sheffield knows who leads the New York Yankees, and it apparently isn'tDerek Jeteror Alex Rodriguez. Sheffield all but appointed himself the Yankees' most valuable player in an interview with New York magazine, accusing reporters of distorting the truth and ruining team chemistry.

Sheffield was never known for his congeniality during tumultuous stops in Milwaukee and Los Angeles. He blamed the media for his reputation.

``It happens because you're white and I'm black,'' Sheffield said. ``My interpretation of things is different. You don't see it the way I see it. You write how you understand it, how you would articulate it, not how I, as a black man, would articulate it.''</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

A3rdrightwing

Gary never mind most of the sports writers in New York are Jewish. So is throwing balls away the blackthing to do when you don't get your way at ajob? Maybe your interpretation was that if I actannoying enough they will continue to coddle me and give me my every need. What about what your own teammate Jason Giambi has been through with wolves this past year? Ihaven't heard Sheiffield make any comments about how Jason is being thrown under the bus by the major media because of his white heritage. I'm sure if Sheiffield saidthe same thing Giambi said, Giambi would have said something to defend him.