backrow

Hall of Famer
Offense

Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants: 3-33

Tony Gonzalez, TE Chiefs: 4-51

Jeb Putzier, TE Broncos: 3-56

Tom Ashworth, Tackle(!) Patriots: 1 catch for a yard and a TD

SUNDAY

Heath Miller, TE Steelers: 2 for 58 including huge 50 yard one on which Miller broke several tackles

Drew Bennett, WR Titans: 8-93 with 2 touchdowns, plus a rush for 3 yards... finally McNair realized that they can actually win by going to their no. 1 receiver! great game by Drew
smiley10.gif

Brandon Stokley, WR Colts: 2-29... finally got some balls thrown his way, manning looked at him several more times, including endzone pass that was thrown way too high... still not enough for this great receiver!

Dallas Clark, TE Colts: 3-45 imcluding a 1 yard TD catch(he also had a nice 25 yard catch that was called back on holding) plus he had a tackle on which he forced fumble on the defensive player after interception, Colts got it back

Doug Jolley, TE Jets: 9-102 with a huge 60 yard catch for a TD... finally a good game for this good pass catching TE, he had a hard time in NY this season, some of it becuse of QB play, the fact that he had to block more than catch and some because he seemed to lost some of his ability to get open and beat LBs with his speed... hopefully something to built on for next season
smiley10.gif

Joe Jurevicius, WR Seahawks: 3 for 31 including a 4 yard catch for a TD (he remains their best option in the endzone)in limited role as a slot WR due to Jackson's return

Mike Bartrum, TE Eagles: 1 catch for 3 yards and a TD fot a veteran tight end

Chris Cooley, TE/H-Back Redskins: had a best game of his career in which he doubled his TD total of a year (now he has 6)... his 6 catches for 71 yards came with 3 TDs along the way, catches of 8, 2 and 30 yards
smiley10.gif

Jason Witten, TE Cowboys: another solid game, 4-41 (team high) with 2 yard TD catch, longest catch was for 29 yards
smiley10.gif

Brian Finneran, WR Falcons: 6-75 and he had to fight for every catch, literally... he took some hits, i mean HITS as hard as i saw this season, great D by Bears; he was the only one on that pass offense that showed up to play tonight

MONDAY

Todd Heap, TE Ravens: great game on MNF 9 catches for 110 yards and two great TDs!
smiley10.gif

Defense

Nick Greisen, OLB Giants: game high 8 solo tackles plus recovered fumble
smiley10.gif

Tedy Bruschi, MLB Patriots: 11 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble
smiley10.gif

Mike Vrabel, OLB Patriots: 4-4 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble

Chris Hovan, DT Bucs: yet another great game in which he shut down Corey Dillon, 7 tackles total, has been all over the field (him and Brooks where only ones that came to play vs Pats)

Justin Bannann, DT Bills: 5 solo tackles

SUNDAY

Zach Thomas, MLB Dolphins: 11 total tackles team high as usual

Jeff Zgonina, DT Dolphins: 4 tackles recovered fumble and a sack for this veteran player

Matt Roth, rookie DE Dolphins: 2 tackles and a sack

Travis Laboy, DE Titans,: 7 tackles and a sack, another two Titans Brett Kassell and Peter Sirmon combined for 13 tackles...

Lofa Tatupu, MLB Seahawks: 5 solo tackles, Hawks Grant Wistrom had 4 solo tackles, 7 total

Dan Morgan, MLB Panthers: 6 tackles

Colby Buckwoldt, OLB Saints: 8 total tackles

Luis Castillo, DT Chargers: 5 solo tackles including a sack, led great Chargers defense that finally put an end to Colts great offense undefeated run!
smiley10.gif

Igor Olshansky, DE Chargers: 2 tackles and a sack

Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers: 3 tackles, plus a big fumble forcing tackle on punt return

Troy Evans, LB Texans: 6 tackles

Jason Babin, OLB Texans: 4 tackles and 2 sacks plus a forced fumble... hopefully this guy will start playing up to his potential from now on
smiley10.gif

Seth Payne, DT Texans: was on 4 tackles, including a sack

Ross Kolodziej, DT Cardinals: 2 tackles and a sack

Rob Meier, DE Jaguars: 4 solo tackles and a sack

Derek Smith, MLB 49ers: 10 tackles, team high

Mike Furrey, FS: tackle and an interception

Kevin Kaesviharn, FS Bengals: 7 tackles, team high

Ryan Fowler, LB Cowboys: his only tackle of a game on Betts gave him a forced fumble which he returned for 9 yards

Brian Urlacher, MLB Bears: great game containing Vick and the Falcons, he inflicted some pain on number 7, got 12 tackles and a pass defended... commentators said: "you BETTER find someone to block him before he kills somebody"... they also said that he is fastest guy on this defense, at his size! they also noted that Dunn wouldn't beat him when Urlacher lined up as a corner following Dunn's motion...
it's a shame that both Hillenmeyer and Todd Johnson were out with the injuries, Hunter will be back next week probably, not sure about Todd...
smiley10.gif
smiley10.gif

Keith Brooking, MLB Falcons: 6 total tackles

Why am i even on this team?

Matt Jones, WR Jags: 2 catches for 11 yards... on another note a selfish QB like Garrard will not help him get any better stats... he does throw a lot as well but Jones gets a token passes here and there, plus occasional carry...

Kevin Curtis and Dane Looker WRs Rams: Curtis had a catch for 7 yards and Looker one for 4... no additional comments needed...

TO BE UPDATED
Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tiki Barber had a great game (220 yards rushing, a Giants record), but the Chiefs tackling was atrocious time and again in a must-win game. One of the ESPN announcers actually had a good line, sayingKansas Citymust have thoughtit wasa game of tag or flag football.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
the Chiefs tackling was atrocious time and again in a must-win game.

I'm always amazed how one team comes out smoking and the other is flat.The Giants played with more gusto than the Chiefs, but what explains the lousy tackling? Tikik Barber was known as a fumbler, what has he been doing to hang on to the ball? I've heard it said that ' Once a fumbler always a fumbler.' I guess that isn't the case.

surfsider

Guru
As a Kansas Citian I can tell you that the so-called tackling you saw today was par for the course for the Chiefs. Their DB's are afraid of contact.

I've heard that Barber has worked very hard on his fumbling.

Spooge

Guru
Looked like the Kansas d backs have the " Prime time Deion" syndrome all flash and no tackling (they may get hurt you know")

whiteCB

Master
Chiefs DBs = pussies. Why don't the Chiefs get some hard hitting DBs like a Lynch or Archuletta to do the tackling. Oh wait I forgot they'e looking for "athletes" who have "blazing speed". Well those world class athletic DBs sure did do a fine job yesterday. NOT!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was good to see Drew Bennett have a huge game today with 2 touchdowns and 93 yards receiving.It's about time that McNair finally looked his way.Doug Jolley had over 100 yards receiving.Jurevicious had 33 yards and Kevin Curtis only caught 1 pass for 7 yards.Any slight chance of his 1000 yard season was crushed with Bulger getting hurt twice this year as Fitzpatrick just hasn't got him the ball.What a shame!Clark had 45 yards and a touchdown while stokley had 3 catches for around 35 yards.With out a doubt,Shockey is our best hope for a thousand yard season.Let's hope he makes it!
smiley32.gif

JD074

Master
How about that great play by Chris Horn? Leave it to a white man to make a great special teams play! Honestly, I was on the computer and glanced up at the TV screen, and just assumed it was a black guy. Then they come back from the commercial and I finally notice that it's Horn. That was great.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well this week, we got a lot of production from players that we follow!other than Kevin Curtis and Mike Alstott the rest had a chance to show their skills and they delivered...
buncha TDs, sacks, tackles, forced fumbles etc! good week so far

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to put a few words in about Chris Cooley.He had 3 touchdowns today in the Redskins big victoy over the Cowboys.He is a fullback/tight end.He is 2nd in the NFC Tightends only to Jeremy Shockey in receptions.He is about to become the all time best season leader for the Redskins ever too.He should be seeing the ball even more in the next few weeks.What a game!

speedster

Mentor
Next time you watch the Giants check out how Tiki Barber holds that pigskin tight in his right arm especially on long runs,it looks comical but it's effective for him as he is not the bumbler he used to be.