S. Ibragimov calls out samuel peter!

May 1, 2006

"I WILL KNOCK HIM OUT," SAYS UNBEATEN
HEAVYWEIGHT CONTENDER

When Warriors Boxing Promotions learned that number two IBF Heavyweight contender Ray Austin had decided that he would wait around and hope for the best rather than fight unbeaten # 5 contender Sultan Ibragimov for the sanctioning body's number one mandatory contender's spot, the IBF was forced to look elsewhere to appoint a worthy challenger.

Next on the IBF's list will be number six contender and former World Champion John Ruiz, who has until Wednesday to decide whether he will face the heat of Ibragimov. Sultan's cousin Timor already scheduled to fight number three contender Calvin Brock in June, Ibragimov wants the leading available contender, number four ranked Samuel Peter.

"I will knock out Samuel Peter and then the whole world will know what I already know," said Ibragimov, 19-0, 16 KOs. "That I am the future Heavyweight Champion and the best in the division. If Ray Austin won't fight me, I want the next in line - that's Samuel Peter."

Ibragimov's manager, Boris Grinberg, agrees. "It is time to show that Sultan Ibragimov is the best Heavyweight in the world, and we're ready for anyone in the division right now."

The pride of Rostov-na-Donu, Russia, Ibragimov is fresh off the most impressive win of his young career as he stopped Lance Whitaker in the seventh round on December 15th. It was such an emphatic victory that other Heavyweights are understandably hesitant about facing him.

"I cannot blame fighters like Ray Austin for wanting to take the easier road," said Ibragimov's co promoter Sampson Lewkowicz. "Sultan is a machine in the ring who can't be stopped, and that's an intimidating prospect for any fighter to face."

But despite Austin's refusal to fight, Warriors Boxing Promotions' Leon Margules is confident that his fighter will eventually find someone willing to step up to the plate and face Ibragimov. Hopefully, that someone will be Samuel Peter.

"Warriors is very excited about promoting the next great Heavyweight Sultan Ibragimov," said Margules, "and a fight between him and Sam Peter would be one of the best Heavyweight fights you will ever see. Both guys can bang, both come to fight, and the winner will undoubtedly be the true number one Heavyweight contender. It's a fight boxing needs."

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
sultan_mount3.jpg

KO's Lance Whitaker

Iron

Guru
This is a very risky fight for Ibragimov.Peter was tailor made for Vlad,despite having good power,he like most African fighters is technically weak and Vlad was able to keep the huge Nigerian on the outside with his jab and big right hand.Ibragimov likes to get inside and work the body and generally mix it up and this may make him susceptible to Peter's power punches. Peter will knock anyone out he lands cleanly on and Ibragimov has been floored once or twice by guys who punch nowhere near as hard as Peter.This is 50/50 fight for me,if Sultan can survive one or two bombs from the Nigerian puncher then he will definately win the decision.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
No chance for Sultan to KO Peter, Iron?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sultan will get chin checked. If he can survive a chin check from the crude Peter he will win. If he can't he won't. Peter is a new David Tua(poor mans version).....Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
People also said the same about how Wlad couldn't handle Peters Power.Sultan just needs to pick his spots and box Samuel Peter if this fight happens.S.Peter is a very strong guy,but like Tyson cannot box a lick!He is horrible if he can't knock you out.Sultan can beat this guy if he fights smart and possibly get a late round knockout.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes he needs to slowly break him down. But if he gets macho early it could be lights out. It's a very dangerous fight....

Iron

Guru
White Shogan
Peter took some huge shots from Vlad that would haveput away most other heavy's in addition to his physical dimensions,his big squat build and thick neck point to him having a caste iron chin.I'd be surprised if Sultan can stop him.What makes guy's like Peter and David Tua before him so dangerous is that they are not the most skillful guys but have unreal punch resistance,you hit them with your best and they still keep coming,that combined with the fight ending power they posess means they can finish a fight at any moment,11th or 12th round even after taking a boxing lesson.Tua ended many fights like this and i suspect Peter's got that same ability.He almost did against Vlad,putting him on the deck after being outboxed easily in the first half of the fight.I think Sultan will win this but he'll have to be smart.He may have the fastest hands amonst the current heavy's and if he chooses to box on the outside the fight's his as the one dimensional Peter will be reduced to plodding.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Update it looks the "Sultan of Brunei" will have to fight the homo from Boston(John Ruiz) in an eliminator. The more fan friendly and dangerous Peter fight looks to be out. Hopefully he decisively beats Ruiz and sends him into the loving embrace of his old manager Normey Stone........
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

JD074

Master
They're definitely not eager to put Peter in the ring with excellent fighters, for now. Anybody who saw his recent fight on ESPN knows that. What a joke.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If you saw the opponent that Peter fought on ESPN then you know that theyn are afraid to match him with any boxer type. Julius Long is awful with a capital A. He pushed his punches and wasn't there to win........Edited by: white is right