Ryan Matthews?

white is right

Hall of Famer
I read in another post that Riggins said he was White and Pacific Islander. I wasn't sure if he was White and a sun worshipper/Mulatto or what.....
smiley36.gif
So if he leads the nation in rushing this could be the first time in a long time the top two rushing leaders aren't Black. I wonder if he will get stereotyped by the NFL scouts or will they think he is Black.....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

white is right said:
I read in another post that Riggins said he was White and Pacific Islander. I wasn't sure if he was White and a sun worshipper/Mulatto or what.....
smiley36.gif
So if he leads the nation in rushing this could be the first time in a long time the top two rushing leaders aren't Black. I wonder if he will get stereotyped by the NFL scouts or will they think he is Black.....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Good call, I naturally assumed Matthews was full blooded black based on watching him play on TV. He is very dark, but his features looks like he is mixed and surely has some white in him. He probably doesn't have very much black, but it might be there. The problem though is that to the casual viewer he looks black when he plays, the ironic opposite of NFL players like Johnny Knox and Colin Finnegan who look white while playing.

Here's his pic, judge for yourself (though certainly not someone who could break any Caste stereotypes):

Fresno+State+v+Rutgers+0XpA5-GFvLsl.jpg

White Power

Mentor
He looks Pacific Islander to me not black in the least. Has the same features as Troy Polamalu who is from Samoa.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well he is considered "gifted" by NFL Draftscouts.com. So this "Soulman"/Eurasian/Pacific Islander has the inside track to be a day one pick.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Wow, I had just assumed he was black from the game day stills that I saw of him, but his hair is STRAIGHT (no one would "straighten" hair that short) and his nose and lips are all wrong for a black guy. I doubt he has any black in him at all, I would guess Pacific Islander as well. Perhaps I'll go dig for his Facebook profile or whatever and ask him.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here, check out his recruiting photos and you tell me....

<DIV =photo>
63997.jpg

<DIV =cite>
<DIV id=photoProvider><CITE>
<DIV =photo>
10548.jpg

<DIV =cite>
<DIV =photo>
30004.jpg

<DIV =cite></CITE>
<DIV =photo>
30005.jpg

<DIV =cite>
<DIV id=photoProvider>
<DIV =photo>
30006.jpg

<DIV =cite>
<DIV =photo>
30007.jpg

<DIV =cite>
<DIV id=photoProvider></CITE></CITE>

I think a half Pacific Islander RB in the NFL would be considered a small caste buster. Athletically, I think most people thinks East Asians are the worst, then a tie between whites and Hispanics, then Pacific Islanders are about halfway between whites and blacks. That's a simple generalization, but roughly right I'd guess. I'd rather him succeed than a black running back.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He is definitely not black. From these pics we have to assume he possibly is part American Indian and Pacific Islander.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
As a HS senior, he led the nation in rushing, yet only garnered 3 stars from CaucasionRivals, so I guess that can be a confirmation of his non-black status. Yet USC came in with a last-second offer, which is confusing, since they only start black TB's. USC was only willing to recruit Toby Gerhart as a fullback.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
USC sure looks pretty stupid now that Toby has proven himself to be the best tailback in the country.  And to think if he played for USC he would be blocking right now.  Also just take a look at what racist Bucky Brooks considers to be the top 16 seniors in the country.  Only one white on the list.  This racist needs to be fired. http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81032985&amp;template=without-video-with-comments&amp;confirm=true

Edited by: whiteathlete33

white is right

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Here, check out his recruiting photos and you tell me....
<div></div>
<div>
&lt;DIV =photo&gt;
63997.jpg

&lt;DIV =cite&gt;
&lt;DIV id=photoProvider&gt;&lt;CITE&gt;
&lt;DIV =photo>
10548.jpg
</font>
&lt;DIV =cite&gt;
&lt;DIV =photo&gt;
30004.jpg
</font>
&lt;DIV =cite&gt;</font>&lt;/CITE&gt;
&lt;DIV =photo&gt;
30005.jpg
</font>
&lt;DIV =cite&gt;
&lt;DIV id=photoProvider&gt;
&lt;DIV =photo&gt;
30006.jpg
</font>
&lt;DIV =cite&gt;
&lt;DIV =photo&gt;
30007.jpg
 </font>
&lt;DIV =cite&gt;
&lt;DIV id=photoProvider&gt;&lt;/CITE&gt;</font>&lt;/CITE&gt; </div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
He actually looks East Indian looking to me. Also no brother would get a Metrosexual(Dandy for the old timers) type hair cut like oh wait Al Sharpton has hair like that.....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
White Power said:
I like this player and root for him to run over the brothas.

Agreed. If he is part white and respects his white heritage (does not act like a thug) then I will support him.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

I didn't read that he was half white, so it was more of a guess. WP had mentioned that he looked half white/ half Pacific Islander in photos he looked at. I checked a couple photos- and one close up I saw, he looked part white, part Pacific Islander. After seeing all the photos Football Dad posted, I'd say he's majority Polynesian. I'd say he's no more than 1/4 white.

Polynesians are more likely- percentage in the population wise- to make it in the NFL (mostly the players from the south Pacific Islands) than even the brothas. I have never seen a day one Polynesian draft pick at "tailback" however, in my lifetime, so I'd root for this kid a little more than a typical high character black RB I followed. Matthews could be a mild caste debunker.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We've had this discussion before about his ethnicity. I've never considered him white and don't root for him. I guess I'd rather see him excel over a black, but I really don't care. I don't see him as any sort of caste buster either. Since we're on the topic of ethnicity, I don't consider Mark Sanchez white either, because he celebrated his Mexican-ness at USC. Until I see a change in his self-identification, I won't change my opinion on him either.

TwentyTwo

Master
This is one cool website! Where else can I have discussions like this.....Ryan Matthews posed these same questions earlier this season; when he took his helmet off going back to the bench after busting some big-time long TD runs vs Boise...

Beingfrom the south; following SEC Football since a child;as we know they are the least-white conference...hearing my Dad complain about the lack there-of; it came(still does) to count the number of white players on the field....

Onthe ESPY's a few years back Jamie Foxx was MC'ing...making jokes would Jason Kidd be allowed on the All-White Team...instead using the term "nougat"(filing in Three Muskateers)to describe him...not vanilla or chocolate...so that's the term that's stuck with me ever since...(ex: the defense has4-whites 6-blacks and 1-nougat...4-6-1)Eventhough Ryan is not considered a "nougat" I guess it's safe to say he would be in the "1" catagory??

Some current players in the NFL players had me curious as well like...
RB-Justin Fargas(Raiders) I know is 1/2 white 1/2 black....what about CB-Courtland Finnegan(Titans)?? rookie RB-Donald Brown (Colts)?? WR-Myles Austin(Cowboys)? That's off the top of my head.. know I'mmissing some

Thanks...I enjoy all of yall's post...always enjoy your post ToughJRiggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just for the sake of accuracy, his last name is spelled Mathews. A DWF tried to argue with me that Mathews is a better RB than Toby (he failed miserably), and I'm pretty sure he considers Mathews black. I sure don't consider him white. I don't consider Fargas, Austin, Brown, or Finnegan white either.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
AMEN Colonel!

Toby Gerhart is more physically impressive than the short-legged Donald Brown, but I'm confident that Gerhart won't be selected in the 1st Round like Brown was. That's the epitome of the Caste System.

Somebody might say, "Oh, but Brown produced at UCONN." I would advise those people to rewatch those games because many of those defenses were ATROCIOUS. People like to throw around the term "break away speed" - but Brown, with his short legs, doesn't have that.

Now something for everyone to ponder... Jacob Hester versus Donald Brown. I think this is a valid comparison as both are on the smaller side and both have non-steroidal physical builds. Considering that Hester did his damage in the SEC, isn't it a shame that we aren't able to see what he can do in the NFL? It isn't far-fetched to suspect that Jacob Hester would out-perform Donald Brown and several other "NFL backs." But the darn Caste System won't give athletes like Hester or Mike Hass a chance to succeed or to fail. The powers-that-be are just too scared because they know that White physical inferiority is a myth.

Our ancestors built massive stone structures (Pyramids, Gothic Churches, Castles, Coliseums, Dams, Sewers, Apartments, Roads) while black superhumans were still living in huts (in fact they are still living in huts and in shacks). Never Forget! Somehow, someway, I think the above is more bust-ass than the utter slop that constitutes "professional sports" these days.

I was going to talk about how football is a team game and that it isn't 1 running back against 11 defenders (there's O-lines) or 1 linebacker against 11 offensive players (he has his specific assignment), but truthfully, I would rather pump iron or charm the ladies than argue with a castrated excuse for a White man. The ladies (from various ethnic backgrounds) that I know like White football players, and how could they not, seeing how most are dashingly-handsome and physically fit.