Rudolph Kraj defeats Matt Godfrey

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
In a WBC cruiserweight title eliminator today, two undefeated fighters went toe to toe.

Rudolph Kraj, age 30, of the Czech Republic, who won a Silver Medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics, defeated Matt "Too Smooth" Godfrey, age 27, a highly regarded African-American fighter, by unanimous decision.

The white guy wins again!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: JD1986

Blue Devils

Mentor
Great news
smiley32.gif
I forgot that fight was this weekend. I've been dying to see this guy Kraj in action, does anyone have any footage of him. Hopefully this fight will be on youtube in a few days.

Sean

Mentor
Yes, this was a great win. Godfrey was rated #1. I knew Kraj was good, but he proved it today.

moose

Guru
I have seen kraj fight once, he is a good solid fighter, but not very exciting

JD074

Master
The Cruiserweight landscape should change dramatically very soon:

The WBA have another German-based fighter, Firat Arslan, already installed as their "regular" champion (Haye is a "super-champion" as he holds two titles; Maccarinelli will become one if he wins) and, in theory, he is supposed to get a shot at the top man.

And the WBO will be banging the drum for their No 1, American Johnathon Banks, so it will be surprising if the victor in London can keep all three belts for long.

[url]http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/sports/boxing-news/2008/02/09 /boxing-a-yank-or-a-czech-awaits-macca-if-he-beats-haye-9146 6-20456246/[/url]

So Arslan, Kraj, and Banks could wind up as Cruiserweight champions, if they all win their championship fights. (Or perhaps they'll just give Arslan the WBA belt because of that "regular" champion thing.) And Adamek-Bell will decide Cunningham's mandatory.