Quarterbacking While Mexican

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
With one tricolored mouthpiece, USC's Mark Sanchez has done more to advance the image of Mexicans in Southern California than a thousand marches could ever hope to achieve.

Last Saturday, the sophomore backup quarterback led the Trojans to a 38-0 mauling of Notre Dame's Fighting Irish. Reporters asked Sanchez afterward why he protected his teeth with a plastic mold decorated like the Mexican flagâ€â€￾green, white and red, with a miniature eagle clutching a snake while perching on a cactusâ€â€￾right in front of his incisors. The 22-year-old didn't flinch. "It's my heritage," he stated.

Describing the mouth guard as "sweet" and "cool," Sanchez went on to explain that using it was a "a portrayal of my love for my race" and hoped that his fashion flair "inspires" young Latinos who follow USC to do what he does: quarterback while Mexican. When a reporter told him some Trojans fans already were race-baiting his dental decision on radio and on Internet chat boards, Sanchez remained unfazed. "I didn't know it was that big of a deal," he told a reporter. "Was it bad?"
Quarterbacking While Mexican

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hey ill pull through for him as long as hes not a punk and well spoken.

In Southern California you are either for us (United States) or against us (La Raza). If he wants to support his heritage then wear a Red & Yellow mouthpiece. Judging from his exterior, I doubt he has much in common with your typical Mestizo wetback from Mexico. Probably comes from a very Spanish (European) Gene Pool. Oh well, he will be beaten out by Mustain next season and end up transferring to some 1AA school more then likely. Have fun at Idaho State Mark.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Idaho St? No way man, save that school for all the white brothers.
smiley4.gif

johnnyboy

Guru
reclaimsocal said:
In Southern California you are either for us (United States) or against us (La Raza). If he wants to support his heritage then wear a Red & Yellow mouthpiece. Judging from his exterior, I doubt he has much in common with your typical Mestizo wetback from Mexico. Probably comes from a very Spanish (European) Gene Pool. Oh well, he will be beaten out by Mustain next season and end up transferring to some 1AA school more then likely. Have fun at Idaho State Mark.

he seems like a really mellow guy. he played for mission viejo so he comes from a mostly white school, and neighborhood. i dont know the guy personally , but he seems like one of the good guys. i know he got in trouble earlier this year but i think all charges were dropped. mustaine is a great fball player though, and there is a possibility marks spot is in jeopardy.