Pistons-Celtics: Blacksketball

G

As far as I can tell, 24 out of 24 players are black in this series. One of the head coaches is white though!

The NFL would probably rate this as an "acceptable" level of diversity.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Walter Herrmann of the Pistons and of Argentinian descent is white but his playing time is sparse.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
"Blacksketball" Thats a good one!
smiley36.gif
Sad that its true though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Brian Scalabrine of the Celtics is white, but like Walter Hermann of the Pistons, he doesn't play at all.
smiley11.gif

I guess if I had to pick one of these two completely blacksketball teams I'd go with the Celtics b/c Garnett seems like a good guy and he hasn't won a championship. But I will still be rooting for the Lakers to win it all this year. I just can't cheer for a team that can't find one white player worthy of playing time, it's pure racism.

G

TJR I agree with you, if I had to pick between the east's all black NBA teams, it would be the Celtics(who used to be at least half white during the 80's)due to Kevin Garnett who brings it every night.

I remember a year ago, some marginal black baseball player who I believed played for the Cleveland Indians stated that there was a "crisis" in baseball due to the fact that his team was mostly white/hispanic. This story got peoples attention in that an "effort" should be made to get more American blacks involved in MLB.

Well, I annoint Brian Scalabrine wood warmer king to hold a press conference and point out the crisis of the lack of American whites playing in the NBA. I doubt he has the courage to do it. Just another example of whats wrong with our society and passive whites in general.

Go Lakers/Spurs for playing skilled whites who play a huge factor may yet win another NBA Championship.
smiley32.gif

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I think people are missing the point here, and that is, both the Celtics and the Pistons are the "best" teams in a sucky conference in a league that for the most part sucks.

G

GiovaniMarcon said:
I think people are missing the point here, and that is, both the Celtics and the Pistons are the "best" teams in a sucky conference in a league that for the most part sucks.

Both Boston and Detroit destroyed the Western Conference this year. The Celtics were 25-5 against them, including4-0 against the Lakers and Spurs, whilethe Pistons were 22-8.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Maximus said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

Both Boston and Detroit destroyed the Western Conference this year. The Celtics were 25-5 against them, including 4-0 against the Lakers and Spurs, while the Pistons were 22-8.

I have no doubt your Celtics and Pistons are the best teams in the current NBA (see my original comment) but the gist of my argument was that they are the best teams in a league of overall low quality relative to past eras (ie, 80s and early 90s).

That is not a debatable point; it's true.

The skinniest fat girl might as well claim to be the hottest chick in school filled with other fatties.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Maximus said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

Both Boston and Detroit destroyed the Western Conference this year.  The Celtics were 25-5 against them, including 4-0 against the Lakers and Spurs, while the Pistons were 22-8.

Were any of those victories after Gasol arrived to the Lakers? I don't think Boston or Detroit beats the Lakers in the finals. That's assuming of course that the Lakers finish off the Spurs. I have learned to never count out the Spurs. They are the four time defending champions for a reason.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Maximus said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

Both Boston and Detroit destroyed the Western Conference this year. The Celtics were 25-5 against them, including 4-0 against the Lakers and Spurs, while the Pistons were 22-8.

Were any of those victories after Gasol arrived to the Lakers? I don't think Boston or Detroit beats the Lakers in the finals. That's assuming of course that the Lakers finish off the Spurs. I have learned to never count out the Spurs. They are the four time defending champions for a reason.

Boston may be 4-0 against the Lakers and Spurs in the regular season, but as far as LA, it was mostly before Gasol signed with LA. Boston has also struggled with consistency during the big show. So far they have not won one game on the road. Both their early round series went the distance, winning only at home. The Pistons actually beat the Celtics in game two in Boston, if I recall (I don't really follow the NBA. I'm rooting for Boston, but it very well could be the Pistons in the NBA finals who lost to Cleveland last year, a team that went on to lose to the Spurs in the championship.

I happen to have respect for Garnett as a player and person. He seems humble and well spoken and I was impressed with him in a media clip I saw. Lebron James' domineering mother was screaming like a maniac at him from the sidelines for lousy play in one of the games while he was doing a court side interview for a channel the game wasn't shown on, I forget which. Garnett was standing their with a look on his face like he felt serious empathy for Lebron, for his mom's tirade that was clearly embarrassing to Lebron. Garnett has just always struck me as a good guy. It's too bad he plays for the very caste Celtics!

I get the feeling Maximus thinks "all of us" root against "every black athlete" on this site, which isn't the case. All of us just share the goal of wanting fairness in sports to whites. Maximus hasn't shown me yet, that he shares our goal.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
And by the way Maximus: The East clearly is a sucky conference compared to the West other than 3 teams. The only "3 teams" that can compete with the "top 7" in the West are Cleveland, Boston and Detroit. Orlando is overrated (they lack shooting guards. Bogans is an average starter at best and Dooling sucks and Redick should be playing in his place). Cleveland lost in the championship last year after beating Detroit and Detroit already lost to the Spurs in 2004 with basically the same team.

So it is basically only the Celtics that haven't proven inferior to the Spurs yet. And the Lakers are much better now since getting Gasol so we'll have to wait and see. Maximus is clearly nit-picking Giovanni's posts.