Pascal Mancini

mattharper

Guru
Hey white lightning. I know this guy was covered briefly a few years ago but I just have a strange feeling he is going to pull off a 10.16 100 meters this year. The sad fact is sprinters like Unger, Kosenkow, Rodriguez, Yepishin, Chyla, Pickering, Cerutti and a slew of others recently can never get by the 10.1 personal best. What do you think Mancini could likely run? He reminds me of Gus Hoogmoed a little bit.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is a good question. While I think Pascal has improved, I'm not sure he is ready to go sub 10.20 yet. I would be happy if he could get into the 10.21-10.30 range this year. His p.b. in the 100 is still only 10.41 but he should break that easily this summer. It's just hard to see him jumping that fast this soon. I hope i'm wrong. The good news is that he is built like a pit bull. He is all muscle and his form is pretty good. He has alot of upside and he is young. Next summer in my opinion will be more likely for him to run in that range and possibly faster. I'm keeping a close eye on him. He reminds me of a cross between Dusty Stamer and Chyla. Here is the link to his iaaf.org bio which lists his progressions over the last several years.

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographies/country=sui/athcode=223268/index.html