Parker - Dimetrenko

werewolf

Hall of Famer

It was a totally one sided fight, but Parker hit and KO'd Dimitrenko when he was down. Shouldn't he have been disqualified for that, or at least given D time to recover and deduct points from P?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes Terry Norris was dq'ed twice against Luis Santana. The Canadian referee screwed up here. Parker was thrashing Dimitrenko but the rules are there for a reason, otherwise the sport becomes a jailhouse fight with minimal rules.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Andrew Golota was beating the hell out of Riddick Bowe, who was supposed to be the best heavyweight in the world at the time, twice and he got disqualified both times for low blows. Is hitting a guy when he is down any better than a low blow? It's worse actually because low blows can be accidental.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Usually the commissions rule in favor of the star fighter/house fighter in these matters. I have seen blatant fouls being ruled as no contests, it's very rare that a star fighter gets disqualified over a foul. Wright should have given Dimitrenko up to 5 minutes to recover from the foul and if he couldn't recover then it should be ruled as a retirement win for Parker. As I thought the local WBO supervisor has already ruled in favor of Parker......http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11721063

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I just watched it again. Parker wrestled him to the ground and then deliberately slugged him while he was down and didn't even act like it was a mistake. He immediately turned around and walked away as if he was satisfied with his handiwork. It was a blatant foul and he should have absolutely been DQ'd or at the very least points deducted and Dim. given time to recover. The so called referee first signals no knockdown, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean in a situation like that - and then after signalling no knockdown he counts him out! WTF? D's team should be strongly protesting this and not just to the local crooks.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I forgot Roy Jones was dq'ed for hitting Montell Griffin while he was on the ground. The difference between the fight on Saturday and that fight was Griffin was clocked to the head and was fluttering between consciousness and being knocked out. But that's why a fighter is given 5 minutes to continue.

Ps this rule was adopted because of the Schmeling vs Sharkey title fight where Max was punched in the crown jewels and lay on the deck while his conniving manager conned the referee into disqualifying Sharkey.