Pacquiao vs Bradley

white is right

Hall of Famer
Has anyone watched significant fights of Bradley? I've never seen him fight but today at work even the blacks were saying he's very ordinary, average speed and nothing exciting. I haven't talked to a person yet that thinks he won that fight.
I have seen most of his bigger fights and thought that he had decent shot at pulling off an upset and told a buddy that. But there is no way he wont this fight. His body language and the desperation in the corner in the later rounds told the story of the fight.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The look on the face of Bradley’s wife throughout the fight was amusing at times, if not telling. She looked thoroughly dejected ringside. She had to be as shocked by the decision as everyone else.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Duane Ford, one of the two judges who ruled for Bradley, was quoted in the daily fishwrap yesterday (see post #24 above) as saying: "I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson. I thought a lot of the rounds were close. Pacquiao missed a lot of punches and I thought he was throwing wildly."

Today's fishwrap has this quote from C. J. Ross, a 63-year-old woman who was the other judge who thought Bradley won: "I went back and forth quite a bit. I saw Manny Pacquiao took [sic] the last two rounds off and that's why I think he lost the fight. I believe some of the rounds could have gone either way, but in my opinion, Pacquiao had the aggression but he didn't have the execution."

GWTJ

Mentor
The funny thing about these kind of decisions is the notion that the judges are somehow looking for things that the fans aren't. What was it the one judge said, "Pacquiao missed a lot of punches". So what! How does that help Bradley win?

The truth is that you could put a five year old kid at ringside and after the fight if you asked the kid who won, he would point to one of the fighters and say "He did". And the kid would be right 99 out of 100 times, if not every time.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just watched the fight thanks to Dempseyfire. All time big fight rip off. Manny won 10 of the 12 rounds. I gave Bradley the 8th and 10th. He did roll his ankle. But braking it? No way just sprained.

Bradley just a B- level, muscle bound fighter. Who looks good taking photos, in the ring a bit above average. Rematch, Manny wipes the mat with him. Oh well, at least the those who saw it know the truth.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"The truth is that you could put a five year old kid at ringside and after the fight if you asked the kid who won, he would point to one of the fighters and say "He did". And the kid would be right 99 out of 100 times, if not every time."

You could put a bunch of blindfolded chimpanzees with darts in front of a dartboard marked Fighter A and Fighter B and they'd do a better job getting it right than most boxing judges, especially Las Vegas (read Mafia) fight judges.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The funny thing about these kind of decisions is the notion that the judges are somehow looking for things that the fans aren't...

No, it's true, they are. They're looking for the envelopes with cash in it from Mister Big.

Westside

Hall of Famer
A tape of the fight is online now? Link please.
WW go back in the thread. Dempseyfire posted a good HD version of the fight, from some Russian sports site. Pretty good clarity.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Also, the HBO crew was outraged at the decision. Emanual Steward on the air stated, " I'm dumbf*cked"! Then corrected himself and said, " I'm dumbfounded." :icon_smile:

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
This is a HD video of the full fight (HBO):

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-06-11_15_56.html

Max Kellerman, who dislikes Pacquaio and loves negro boxers, blatently LIED after the fight when he said most people in press row scored it for Bradley.

I don't remember him saying "most people", but I do remember him saying a respected person at ringside scored it for Bradley, something like that, and yes the little bug-eyed drug-addicted ****** was the only one trying to play the party line and shill it up for the Las Vegas mafia and their hired "judges".

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Also, the HBO crew was outraged at the decision. Emanual Steward on the air stated, " I'm dumbf*cked"! Then corrected himself and said, " I'm dumbfounded." :icon_smile:

Did he really say that? If he did I didn't catch it. I remember him saying something like "I'm comletely puzzled", but then the stream I was watching it on was awfully choppy.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
WW go back in the thread. Dempseyfire posted a good HD version of the fight, from some Russian sports site. Pretty good clarity.
Yeah

Cool, hi def too. Too bad I don't have a fast internet connection in this hotel here.