One last comeback for Irina Privalova

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is an article about Irina Privalova who is attemting to make an olympic team at at 39 years of age. She will be 40 in November. I grew up watching he compete and always admired her. She still has the world record to this day in the 60 meters and has a p.b. of 10.77 from back in the day! It's funny because in the womens events, the world record in the 60 meters sprints, 60 meters hurdles, 200 & 400 meters are all held by white women. They also have a good representation of sub 11 second athletes in the 100 including Privalova. Here is the article. Enjoy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7641506

guest301

Hall of Famer
Could it be that the caste system is not as rigged against white females as it is against white men?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I believe a white woman has the second fastest time in the 200 meters. I think Florence Griffith Joyner who was juiced to the gills ran a 21.34 at the Seoul Olympics Joyner also has the 100 meter record for Women of 10.49. But Marita Koch does have the 400 meter record and is 2nd I believe in the 200 meters.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How fast can an old lady run? Well you have to remember that Privalova isn't just any older mother of three kids. Last night she ran an 11.32 wind legal which is the 3rd fastest time in Russia this year! She beat one of the up & coming youngsters. I would really love to see her make the team. Damn, that is fast for anyone let along someone in their middle age. Way to go!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update waterbed. I didn't know that. They are bringing him into form very slowly which is exactly what you should do. Most people forget that he won the silver at the european championships in a time of 10.10 after running a 10.12 in the semis. He has good speed if he can peak for the olympics. Yepishin has one of the best starts in the world!