Official Chinese manners

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't spit and shout or smoke and squat. Mind your p's and don't jump queues
From Jane Macartney in Beijing

GOOD manners may have been seen as something of a bourgeois affectation during Chairman Mao's ultra-leftist Cultural Revolution but yesterday the Communist Party put its foot down on poor etiquette.

Don't clear your throat loudly in public. Don't spit. Remember to wash your hands before a meal. And don't yell on your mobile phone.

These are a few of the new golden rules of polite travelling compiled to form the basis of a national education campaign on good manners when going abroad. The drive was launched by the ruling party's Spiritual Civilisation Steering Committee...

Mr Qian said: "At airports around the world when you look at the messiest, noisiest group, it's the Chinese."

Chinese manners

jcolec02

Mentor
lol take it easy on the asians
smiley17.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
First you tell me not to talk about Tommy Morrison and now you're telling me to take it easy on Asians?

wtf dude?

Have you appointed yourself a member of the PC police on this board? I don't see the title of Caste Football Moderator under your name, jcole02.

And if you were paying attention, those comments are quoted in the Times Online article at the bottom of my post. Those 'rules' of etiquette, and comments, were handed down from the Chinese government, not by any of your favorite resident 'white supremacists.'