Guru
While watching the seahawks game today I heard the announcers
refer to Jurevicius as a " Fill in" and " Not fast." That
was after he gained over a hundred yards against "Great" and "
Speedy" corner and defensive backs. God dammit I'm sick of
this propaganda.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Announcers are like everyone else, it's all about protecting your job and career. One slightly race related comment and your out the door.

Kaptain

Master
Joe is one of the best "run after catch" recievers in the NFL. He also has burnt guys deep his whole college and NFL career.

G

it was the national game in my market so i saw most of it.

all they could talk about was how the seahawks couldn't expect anybody to take the place of their 2 black starters so dilfer had to "spread the ball around to everybody" and "it was a real team effort" and made it sound like it was a good bit of luck that they pulled off the win without those 2 great starters.

this is after showing the entire national audience direct visual evidence of jurevicious totally blowing away the rams defense.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
dilfer had to "spread the ball around to everybody"

You mean Hasselbeck?
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Subbing for injured starters Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram, wideouts Joe Jurevicius and D.J. Hackett had a solid game for Seattle in its victory over the Rams. The two combined for 14 receptions, 180 yards and one touchdown. Jackson and Engram average 14 catches and 173 yards per game. Jurevicius posted nine receptions and 137 yards. ...

Jurevicius by HIMSELF has more than 2/3 the offensive production as the Seahawk's starting receivers!
smiley5.gif

JD074

Master
Bear-Arms said:
Announcers are like everyone else, it's all about protecting your job and career. One slightly race related comment and your out the door.

They don't have to say anything "race related." Just compliment him on how darn good he is- regardless of his race.