NIT -- More Accurate View of America

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Koufos shined as Ohio State won it all last year. Nick Calathes was also featured last year.

I think the biggest obstacle facing White basketball players is that too many have made poor college choices. Bill Cole went to Illinois and he doesn't play.

[url]http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key =42644&sport=2[/url]

Tyler Griffey recently signed with Illinois and I'm not so sure about the wiseness of that. Because of poor grades, so many blacks go the JC route and then go to the NCAA's and supplant White athletes who've been with the team for years. I can only think that many of these Whites are a "fall-back" option for the coaches -- just in case some afflete decides to go pro and they fail to get a replacement superman.

Elite White high schoolers, especially, need to conspire with each other and either go to a major program or a quality mid-major. TEAM BASKETBALL is what they should be seeking.

I want to watch White athletes. If they are featured in the NIT, then that means I'm going to watch the NIT. There's no shame in that.

Wisconsin had a nice win yesterday but unless they do something spectacular, they'll be in the NIT. Northwestern and Michigan will probably be in the NIT. Drake and Southern Illinois as well. NC State, which is actually playing some Whites, is likely NIT bound.

There will be several coal black teams (from major conferences) as well, and I would love to see "mid-majors" knock some of those teams out! The NIT matters.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Here's the Missouri Valley Conference standings:

Missouri Valley
Team Conf. W-L Tot. W-L
Northern Iowa 11-1 17-6
Illinois St. 8-4 19-4
Creighton 8-4 18-6
Bradley 7-5 13-10
Evansville 6-6 14-8
Drake 5-7 13-10
Wichita St. 5-7 11-12
Southern Ill. 5-7 10-13
Missouri St. 3-9 10-13
Indiana St. 2-10 4-19

Southern Illinois was more worse than I thought. My bad!

I think Drake still has a shot at the NIT. The MVC Tourny should be awesome.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Yes, I usually follow the NIT every year to watch all the white bubble teams that got screwed out of going to the big dance. They usually do pretty well in the NIT and advance far into the tournament albeit they tend to knock each other out in each passing round.

There's only not shame in the NIT if you don't believe mediocrity is a problem.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
There's only not shame in the NIT if you don't believe mediocrity is a problem.

Sir, you may have misunderstood this thread.

I like Bo Ryan as a man and as a recruiter, but I think he doesn't use his players properly on the offensive end. To play such good defense, but not be able to score more than the other team is just painful. What exactly can I do about that? The team is fairly young so we'll see if they are better next year.

You have posted about Coach K ruining White bigs, so you must think that college choice is relevant and important? In his 4 years at Florida, David Lee's career PPG average was only 11.3.

That was a big part of my "awakening" so to speak. I remember announcers' putting David Lee under a microscope. He shot a high-percentage for much of his college career. Needless to say, I knew something was wrong.

What makes you think I might have low standards? In the Duke thread, I essentially said that I thought Kyle Singler was having a disappointing sophomore season. At this point, I don't see Duke making a deep run in the Tourny. They have the power to prove me wrong.

EDUCATE us, GreatLakeState, rather than simply writing one sentence posts! I think I've been candid with you.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Iowa beat Northwestern

Drake beat Bradley

Southern Illinois beat Missouri State

OK, may have misinterpreted it.

Choosing the right system is huge. Too many kids will just go for the biggest name -- thus what happens at Duke, because it is the biggest name, and will always get nearly any white prep all-American it wants; all the way down to choosing a podunk DI over a smaller school with better facilities, coaching, fan support and education.

Lee's career coinciding with that of Anthony Roberson didn't help his cause. When Roberson left, Florida got unselfish guard play and became frontcourt-focused, two NCAA titles ensued.