Nick Hartigan

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ok guys,so we know that Nick Hartigan ran a 4.5 in the 40 today.He also bench pressed 225lbs twenty five times.He has speed,power,great vision and elusivness.He was invited the east/west shrine game but only was allowed to block.They wouldn't even give him one carry of the football!All this kid do is have one of the best college careers of any running back ever!He is in the top 5-10 of just about every all time category but yet he is not good enough or bl*** enough.This is complete b.s. He wasn't even invited to the combine.They probably wish he didn't show up at the Pro Day.Here is a kid that is smart enough to be running a football team,but is athletic enough to be a star running back.Give the kid a damn chance already.This really ticks me off.He would be like J.Bettis but only beter.Someone please wake up in the nfl and smell the coffee.Damn,this sucks!
smiley7.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
I recall Chad Levitt running for huge totals and maybe getting one handoff. Back in the 70's alot of Ivy leaguers made the NFL and were productive backs. Now if a guy has any potential he is converted to a blocking back..........

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you say he would be like Jerome Bettis? only if he slowed waaaaay down and put on some serious beer gut love handles.

we all know that talent alone is not what makes an NFL take note of a RB. it's talent mixed with extra melanin in the skin...and preferrably a significant criminal record involving marijuana and domestic violence.

in the modern game, Hartigan will most likely pursue one of two paths after the BS he is going through. 1)he'll go play in the CFL and dominate like numerous other white backs have done or 2)get a job in corporate America with that incredible head he has perched on his shoulders. it would be nice, though, for one, JUST ONE, of these guys who gets screwed over by the NFL to make a LOT of noise in the media. what would it hurt? they've already been snubbed, so it's not like they're going to hurt their chances at all.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great post jimmy.You need to go back & reread what I wrote.I said that he would be like Bettis but better.I was trying to imply that if Bettis had a Hall Of Fame Career,Hartigan is at even a higher level as a player than Jerome.He is alot faster and just as powerful.