NHL All-Star game

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tonight's the night of the game. I like the NHL All-Star game, it reminds me of the pick-up games I played as a kid, lot's of scoring, no pressure, just having fun on the ice.

The local rag, the Detroit Free Press interviewed 4 "hockey" fans, two of them were black, they asked them if they'd be watching tonight, to my surprise the black "hockey" fans did not plan to watch. In fact they both remarked how they like the NBA better! Remember this is Detroit, we call ourselves "Hockeytown".

The Detroit Free Press is considered the liberal paper in town, as if any MSM paper is not liberal. The paper is a multicultural joke. (BTW I don't subscribe but they give it to me every once in a while in the hope that I will---sad) Half their sports writers are women, the other half black, one white guy is Mitch Album, if you know of him nuff said. They are really doing their damndest to exterminate whites and white culture.

Anyway, here's some pics to wash the afrocenteredness of much the sports world out of your mind.

h1.jpg

h6.jpg

h7.jpg

h5.jpg

h98.jpg

h9999.jpg

h3patrickmarleau.jpg

h4.jpg

h2.jpg

h8.jpg

h9.jpg

h92.jpg

h94.jpg

h95.jpg

h97.jpg

h99.jpg

h999.jpg

h999999.jpg

h99999.jpg

Lance Alworth

Mentor
i always make an attempt to watch the skills compitetion, but I was pissed that the youngstars game was only an hour long, and i just missed it as i got home at around an hour after it started. Was hoping to see my favorite player Jordan Staal

I heard it was a great game. Unfortuntately, I live in a very "urban" area, and my local cable company doesn't carry the OLN Network. Therefore, I could not see the game or the skills competition. Instead, my local network shoves plenty of basketball in my face every night, against my will. Its ridiculous...I have my choice of literally FIVE hispanic channels, but only once in a while will I get to see a hockey game. Only in America.

I truly need to get the f*ck out of New Jersey.
smiley7.gif

Lance Alworth

Mentor
That sucks GF. I have DirectTV. I gave up on cable a long time ago, and i get pretty much every game. I just hate that they put VS. (formerly OLN) in the nosebleed section of the channels, yet all the hispanic channels are in the mid-range. Oh well, at least i get to see the games

Lance Alworth said:
That sucks GF. I have DirectTV. I gave up on cable a long time ago, and i get pretty much every game. I just hate that they put VS. (formerly OLN) in the nosebleed section of the channels, yet all the hispanic channels are in the mid-range. Oh well, at least i get to see the games

You're lucky, you get all the games. I only get some of the local team's games (Devils, Islanders, Rangers) on the MSG Network.Ironically enough, both MSG and MSG2 are sandwiched between two spanish stations (Univision and Telemundo), so I can flip the channels back and forth, between hockey and girls dancing in skimpy clothing.
smiley36.gif
At least I get some of the games. Its better than not getting any coverage at all I guess.Edited by: Ground Fighter

Lance Alworth

Mentor
As much as I hate to say this, the NHL really needs to get back on ESPN (aka Every Sport Possesses Negroes) because this OLN/Vs deal of being sandwiched in between bull riding and skeet shooting, quite frankly, sucks! OLN/Vs is a huge failure and will never get off the ground in terms of being a viable alternative to ESPN. They failed at securing the rights to MLB, and they could have gotten Thursday night NFL, but they chose the NFL network instead. Even Barry Melrose said that for the sport to survive, they need to be back on ESPN (although he's an ESPN employee so take that for what its worth)

Lance Alworth said:
OLN/Vs deal of being sandwiched in between bull riding and skeet shooting, quite frankly, sucks!

Quite frankly (no pun intended), I'd rather watch skeet shootin' and bull ridin' over the NBA any day of the week. In other words...hee-haw. lol. But in all seriousness, ESPN does need to bring hockey back, however, I don't see that happening anytime soon. And to be honest, I really don't miss Stuart Scott using such phrases as "boo-ya!" and "home boy be ill!" when covering hockey highlights during SportsCenter. Only he can take a sport like hockey...and ruin it within five minutes of highlight reels.
smiley5.gif

Lance Alworth said:
Stuart Scott: "Sidney Crosby is a straight up baller, he shoots and BOO-YA! he scores!"

lol...Thats exactly my point. BALLIN'! There is no room in hockey highlights for rap terminology. Other words and phrases commonly used by Mr. Scott to describe hockey are "representin'", "buck-nasty", and "holdin' it down". I don't want or need to hear this crap when I'm trying to enjoy a hightlight reel. He ruins it for me everytime.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
One funny thing about Mr. Scott is that unlike Stephen A. Smiff, he is actually a fairly white sounding black guy, that is until he busts out with the ebonics. I think thats what makes listening to him so funny. One minute he's all white and monotone sounding, and then BOO-YA! he be 'representin' the MTV and BET crowd

Lance Alworth said:
One funny thing about Mr. Scott is that unlike Stephen A. Smiff, he is actually a fairly white sounding black guy, that is until he busts out with the ebonics. I think thats what makes listening to him so funny. One minute he's all white and monotone sounding, and then BOO-YA! he be 'representin' the MTV and BET crowd

Yeah, I will give him that much, he is actually somewhat well-spoken when he chooses to be. Now, Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin on the other hand... well, thats another story altogether.
smiley36.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
The state of the NHL is sad enough to make you cry. I don't think that there is any innocent explanation for the way Gary Bettman has ruined this once thriving sport. It's a disgrace that one of the four major team sports (for nearly a century) has been relegated to a television network that is so remote and unpublicized that its all-star game drew less viewers than the cooking show that it aired against on the Food Network. If this sport was as filled with black affletes as football and basketball is, there would be nonstop protests about the lack of "respect" the media and our society in general was showing it. I used to follow hockey religiously back in the '80s, but Bettman's reign of terror has even alienated once hard-core fans like me. I hear little about the NHL now, know very little about its players, and almost never watch it (mainly because it's almost never on any t.v. channel I can locate). If we could only lure black youngsters into playing the game, and maybe find the Tiger Woods of hockey, you would undoubtedly see a sudden upsurge of interest in the sport. Edited by: bigunreal

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I like that unnamed hockey player who said in resistance magazine about black hockey players "stick to the NBA" and yeah Versus sucks. No one even has this friggen channel. Bettman is such a moron for extending their lease with this bushleague network. As much as I despise ESPN, they need to get back on there, because I hate to see this sport die a slow miserable death

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Lance Alworth said:
I like that unnamed hockey player who said in resistance magazine about black hockey players "stick to the NBA" and yeah Versus sucks. No one even has this friggen channel. Bettman is such a moron for extending their lease with this bushleague network. As much as I despise ESPN, they need to get back on there, because I hate to see this sport die a slow miserable death

I don't understand the desire to see the NHL on ESPN. SO what? They'd only pan it anyway. The NHL is NOT dying. It's a money maker in lots of places. If you are really a hockey fan then you should be able to buy the local teams game on a pay station. I would bet that nearly all teams have such a deal in their own markets.

Or move to Canada or near the border. I saw the All-Star game on CBC, and they show LOTS of hockey--all at no cost.

jaxvid said:
Or move to Canada or near the border. I saw the All-Star game on CBC, and they show LOTS of hockey--all at no cost.

Very true. I remember a few years ago, I was in Vermont snowboarding. Our hotel had the CBC channel because we were like ten miles from the Canadian border. It was great, all the nighttime slots were filled with hockey on that channel. My friends wanted to hit the bars at night, and I was like, "Hell no, I'm staying right here to watch the Leafs". lol.