New Year’s boxing resolutions

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Here's an article from a typical MSM caste-whore, notice that nearly every mention concerning a white boxer is in some way insulting. Here's some snippets, full article at link.

New Year's boxing resolutions

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
December 27, 2007

Throughout the year, so many things occur in boxing that make you wince. Somehow, there never is appropriate time to tell the person how to do things better.

There is now, though. It's nearly 2008 and time to make those New Year's Resolutions.

Wladimir Klitschko: The IBF heavyweight champion should agree to fight each of the other three world champions and not let his purse get in the way of making the bouts happen.

Vitali Klitschko: The brother of the champion should resolve to give up these crazy comeback plans. He doesn't need it.

Ricky Hatton: The über-popular British star should promise to push his people to make a mid-year fight with Manny Pacquiao.

Kelly Pavlik: If the new middleweight champion gets past Jermain Taylor on Feb. 16, he should vow to resist the second-tier opposition like John Duddy that Top Rank is going to try to feed him.

New Year's boxing resolutions

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Why does Wladimir have to agree to fight everyone? Who says he hasn't agreed or won't agree to do this anyway?

And I'd actually love to see Pacquiao and Hatton.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I agree with you Jaxvid in regards to the disrespect he shows and not really liking what he says most of the time. However, other than the Klitschko brother's line (Vlad has begged for unification but the promoters don't get along. Even if Vitali decides to come back, he will be the 2nd best Heavyweight even if rusty) and to a certain point Hatton (Pacquiao would have to jump up 14 lbs and it could be a catch 22 situation for Hatton), I kinda agree with the rest of the stuff he said. Pavlik should fight King Arthur Abraham next(if HBO can work out a deal with Universum to get him here in the states like they promise) John Duddy is better than the article gives credit for but King Arthur would be a hit in America and would make a huge splash. An Abraham-Pavlik fight would be GREAT. He gives lots of credit to Andy Lee.

Andy Lee: Boxing's finest prospect must promise to keep working as hard once he lands on the world stage as he has on the way up, because if he does, a superstar will soon emerge.

And about that a$$ Don King talking away the fight of the year...

Don King: He ought to agree not to stand in the way of a fight between Juan Diaz and Michael Katsidis, which could be the best fight of not only 2008 but of the 21st century.

The other things he talks about in there is not of importance to CasteFootball so I won't elaborate but he is pretty spot on in regards to the rest of the stuff.Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My New Year's Resolution (hope actually) is that the CF Boxing Forum will become a place of peace, love andfraternal brotherhoodin 2008.
smiley31.gif
smiley4.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
My New Year's Resolution (hope actually) is that the CF Boxing Forum will become a place of peace, love andfraternal brotherhoodin 2008.
smiley31.gif
smiley4.gif

I thought it was one of the more interesting places to visit. Of course, our emotionsand comments could have been kept in check a little (lot) better.But what the heck, it's the boxing forum.

JD074

Master
Kevin Iole said:
Wladimir Klitschko: The IBF heavyweight champion should agree to fight each of the other three world champions and not let his purse get in the way of making the bouts happen.

This criticism is hard to understand, given that Klitschko has already agreed to fight Sultan.

Kelly Pavlik: If the new middleweight champion gets past Jermain Taylor on Feb. 16, he should vow to resist the second-tier opposition like John Duddy that Top Rank is going to try to feed him.

I don't see what would be so bad about a Pavlik/ Duddy fight. Of course Abraham would be better, but Duddy is not a bad option: he's tough, fights with a lot of heart, and his fights are almost always entertaining. (He did fight a lackluster fight against a black opponent, forget his name, but that was because his opponent was safety first and back-pedaled the entire fight. And even then Duddy managed to knock him down in the first round. Pavlik doesn't take a a step backwards, so there's no way that this fight could be boring.) Sure, Duddy has flaws, but he's a legitimate contender as far as I'm concerned. Worse fighters have fought in championship fights. Zsolt Erdei vs. George Blades anyone? Edited by: JD074