Minnesota Golden Gophers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the 2005 white Golden Gopher starters, based on my information.

QB-Bryan Cupito
TE-Matt Spaeth
RT-Tony Brinkhaus
LT-Joe Ainslie
LG-Mark Setterstrom
C-Greg Eslinger
RG-Mike Nicholson

Defense
LDT-Mark Losli
LDE-Keith Lipka
WLB-John Shevlin
FS-John Pawielski

Watch for FB's Jeremy Faue and Jason Lamers to see action, along with WR's Logan Payne, Mark Jundt, and Michael Kasten. All TE's are white, with Jarod Posthumus, Kevin Salmen, Jack Simmons, and Sam Scroggins fighting for playing time. All backup linemen are white as well. A first, I think, for the teams I have looked at this year! All white line and TE! On defense, CB's Seth Thompson and Brody Grandas will likely see the elephant, as should SS Kevin Mannion, DROP LB's Patrick Cheney and Steve Moore. SAM LB Josh Wiltsie will compete for time, as will WLB's Mark Mullaney and Chris Holden. RDT Todd Meisel will get some playing time, also RDE's Tommy Leavitt and William VanDeSteeg.

Gary

Mentor
It seems that the Big Ten teams have a lot of Whites-Ohio State,Iowa,Wisconsin and Minnesota. Also Army and Navy are very White. Notre Dame has a White Head Coach and some White players if they get some more I'll have to start cheering for them again. Nebraska has always been White Friendly. Colonel Reb who in your opinion is the Whitest team for this coming college football season?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It looks like BYU by quite a margin so far Gary. They have I think 9 on offense and 10 on defense. Right now, Boise State is second. I'll have to rank the rest after looking at them some more, but yes, the Big 10 teams have more whites than the SEC, C-USA, or ACC. They whitest conference will probably be between the WAC, MAC, and Big 10, and probably in that order. I'll run some stats on it later on and let everyone know.

Gary

Mentor
Your a good man Colonel Reb-I am glad were on the same side! Thanks a lot for the information. I am going to print a copy of the really White Teams and follow them this season.
smiley32.gif